Thursday, August 03, 2017

Vacation!

Well.  (It's a deep subject.  hahaha)  We survived Wyss Vacation version 31.  The week before was a little bit stressful because Bob worked late pretty much every night and I tried to pack in all of the things I've been putting off doing- vacation is a great deadline and I need deadlines.  So Friday night I took the girls to McDonalds because I was tired.  Cadence is not afraid of climbing or slides.
So we got this book from the library; "Nanette's Baguette."  It's a tongue twister.  The girls were pretty convinced we needed to bake a baguette.  I'm not that great with yeast and it was the day before vacation so they settled for Mel's 1-hour breadsticks. They wanted to eat them for bedtime snack.    
 Saturday was spent packing and picking beans and in general excitation.  I was exhausted and the girls wouldn't go to sleep.  We went to morning church on Sunday and then came home, loaded up, and left for the Ozarks!  They traveled great- we didn't have to stop at all.
Soooooo excited!!  Also trying to unpack everything even if I didn't want it unpacked yet.
 Grandma introduced them to Amelia Bedelia.
The first couple of days were so hot.  But, they wanted to catch butterflies. 
We didn't have any luck, just got really hot and sweaty climbing all the stairs at the resort.  
The pool wasn't even that cold, but it helped a little bit.  Cadence is hanging out with Lys, Justice is bumping into Bob, Emmy is just happily swimming along being Emmy, and Cecily is, of course, seeing if that boy wants to swim with her.  She made several friends that week.   
We were looking at the resort website before we left and the girls saw the "other area attractions" included caves.  They of course decided that meant that we were going to see a cave.  Positively convinced that we were going to a cave.  "When are we going to the cave?" "I want to explore the cave!"  Haha.  We weren't really planning on going to a cave, but they were so insistent and Dad agreed to come with me, so on the hottest day of the week we went and explored a cave at a State Park not far away.  I hadn't packed jackets since it was going to be 90 something all week so they got new sweatshirts at walmart for the occasion.  Emmy was so excited and wanted to carry the brochure. 
Waiting semi-patiently for our tour to start.  
 I think they both enjoyed it.  It was the most cave-y cave I've ever been in.  There was no electricity so we all got to carry lanterns, even the girls.  The ceiling was pretty low in a few spots, and the passageway was narrow and twisty and required ducking a lot.  Emmy walked most of the way and wasn't too scared when we turned off all the lanterns.  Cecily loved it and wanted to keep going into the cave past where the tour turned around.  It was so nice and cool inside and then we had to walk out into the humidity... Good times.  Bob and Cadence enjoyed the air conditioning and naps at the cabin.
Waiting for supper.
 Coloring pictures with Kebe and Shena.  "I'm going to make this girl look like you!"
Getting ready to celebrate Raegan's birthday.  They were soooo happy.   
Cecily is willing to race against all takers.  She wins most of the time.  "It's ok, you can't win everytime!" 
We swam a lot, sometimes twice a day.  It was just as fun after supper because it would get dark and the lights would come on in the pool.  Ha. I didn't get many swimming pictures because I spent my pool time counting to three, and holding at least one child.    

Uncle Jakey came for the weekend.  Uncle Jakey feeds me cookies.  :) 
Playing with Jack's cars, grandpa, and Gideon. 
And Playing "Doh-doh." 
On our last day we bummed a boat ride from Kray.  Emmy was a little bit nervous. 
Cadence was not. 
She pretty much went from person to person until we got outside the no-wake zone. 
The lake was super choppy and it's not a very big boat and we got splashed and Emmy was done and we did a short loop and went back to the dock.  Good times.   

Shelly brought ingredients for Lemon shake-ups and delivered them to the swim dock.  Neal and Kim rented that floating 'chill pad' for the afternoon.  Cecily had a great time on it; Emmy was content to paddle around a little closer to the ladder.  Pretty much #myvacationisbetterthanyourvacation
And then it was over and we had to pack up and come home.   
I think I was more tired than when we left (since we all slept in the same room and Cadence didn't sleep) but we went to lake day Monday afternoon. None of the girls were interested in swimming and Cadence pretty much ate sand.  
I'm starting to feel caught up again- we've unpacked, did laundry, mowed, picked vegetables, and cleaned.  The garden is still weedy, but I'm not sure I care enough to go weed it.  :)
Blessings.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Catching up! i missed out on the cave. Had thought about it too. it's the kid in me and memories I guess:) Love you. ak

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home