Monday, May 26, 2008

Rockville

Happy Decoration Day! I spent most of it in airports and on planes. But... I did finish three books. :) And my ears didn't pop, which was amazing.

It was a really good weekend, I really kind of enjoyed it. I was having second thoughts about going Friday afternoon... Matt and I flew out by ourselves because we didn't get tickets until I knew that I didn't have to work- and then I switched jobs so it didn't matter anyway. I set off the metal detectors and got the full pat down again. Seriously, every single time I fly! And they opened our bags and searched them in Peoria. They must be really bored.

We spent a lot of time outside, which was really nice. Took a walk to a reservoir... one of the girls I stayed with drove a carload up a dirt path to the top of Soapstone 'mountain' to see the view... sang a lot and ate a lot. Met a lot of new fun people. Tried to blend... good times.

The midwest definitely feels very different than New England. I felt like I should be reading Thoreau or Emerson or something. They don't have any straight roads. I was really turned around all weekend. O well. :)

So our flight options were pretty limited and we left pretty early this morning... ugh. This time I took all of my pins out after we got dropped off and I didn't set off the detector and I didn't get poked and prodded and it was great. Matt of course got subjected to a random shoe check. I think they were bored too, it was pretty quiet at the airport this morning.

I'm really tired now and I'm not too excited to get up and go to work tomorrow. But I might get to play with making glue sticks. woot.
Blessings.

No comments: