Soooo... we have two window air conditioners. The one in the kitchen is great, turn it on low and the kitchen stays in the 70's even with the oven on. The one upstairs though, yeah, not much airflow, turn it on high and it barely keeps the computer room cool let alone the bathroom and bedroom. When the outside temperature dips below 75ish it freezes up, and if it's humid it freezes, so if we left it on overnight we'd occasionally wake up to ice breaking off and falling into the fan. woot.
Anyway, since we have no prior experience with such things (hooray for central air!), I looked online for how to keep a window a/c from freezing. First suggestion: clean the filter. So yesterday I pulled the cover off and discovered, surprise, surprise, an ice cube caked, filthy filter. After it thawed out enough to take it out, it got a much needed bath. And guess what!? It ran on high all night and there was no ice! And our bedroom was cold! And I needed a blanket instead of just a sheet! Much rejoicing.
Bob has had to kill two spiders for me in the last week. ickickickickick. I hate spiders.
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment