Saturday, January 05, 2013

Happy New Year!

So far it's started out with sickness....  Both Cecily and Bob got the GI bug that's going around.  ugh.  Late nights and lots of laundry for me...  So far I'm healthy.

Little miss got to try out her new sled with Daddy.  She's not so sure about the snow suit or boots and refuses to keep her mittens on so she wasn't out long.


We had Dale & Meg, Greg & Mary, and Nic & Amanda at our house after church on New Year's Eve.  I really enjoyed having them, so I hope they all had fun too...  I think the kids did- they put all of Cecily's toys to good use.  Little miss was not at all sure what to make of it all.  She walked back and forth from the big kids to Bob and I all evening with a slightly shell shocked expression on her face.  hehe.  They were playing with her toys.  She didn't know what to do.  *grin*

So anyway, we ate lots of good food (including pomegranate seeds in the Brazilian tradition), played a fun game, and all but Hanna and Tirzah made it until midnight!  Max and Nora and Maria were very excited to count down and blow their noisemaker horns.  

Otherwise it's been quiet around here.  Trying to lay low so everyone gets better. We got the Christmas decorations down and put away.  Little miss is still not so sure about that tutu.  

On Wednesday little miss and I went and made a t-shirt quilt with/for Sprout.  I have a bunch of t-shirts from high school and college that I want to do this to someday, and I told her I'd help her make one for practice.  It's not quite as nice as Amber's (our inspiration!) but it still turned out pretty good.  And it only took us about 4 hours! 

Little miss had a doctor appointment on Friday.  She's skinny and healthy.  And she got a shot.  And she has two teeth coming in.  And she's running a slight fever.  And the GI bug earlier.  It's been a long week with a crabby baby.  

Bob's cousin Carrie got married today.  My mom came over to watch little miss during the wedding and reception.  It was really nice... simple and reverent and her dress was gorgeous.  Bob and I got to refill punch at the reception. Woot woot.

Blessings.     

No comments: