So I'm a slacker. I know.
Little Miss and I went to Harold's visitation on Friday. He was a sweet man. She had not taken a nap and did not want to be held and I did not want to let her down to run around. I didn't think funeral flowers and a small uncoordinated toddler who loves "flowees" would mix well. She fell asleep on the way home, thankfully, so I stopped at a garage sale... woot woot.
Saturday we got to spend the evening with Brent and Janelle, Nic and Amanda, and Brian and Gab. It was great to see them all again. Cecily had lots of fun playing with Londyn and her toys.
On Monday Mom, Shelly, Cecily and I drove up to Chicago to shop for wedding fabric. Deanna told them about a discount fabric warehouse so we checked it out. I thought it was really awesome- the place was huge- three floors of fabric and notions packed into an old warehouse run by observant orthodox Jews. I think we found what we went for. And we got some pretty pink lace for Cecily's dress. They gave us discounts too; probably because we looked pretty orthodox. Hehe. At least compared to some of the other people who were shopping.
On the way home we stopped for ice cream and let Little Miss run around at a park. She had a great time going down the slides with Auntie Shelly. We got back to the farm at supper time so we ate there. Someone loves mashed potatoes...
We've been spending lots of time outside and today we finished washing the windows. Little miss played with water in her bucket while I worked. I love spring. We have so many pretty trees and bushes blooming right now. Our landscaping seems to have survived last summer- hooray! Now I just need to go buy some annuals.
Blessings.

1 comment:
Cecily is looking so grown up. So glad you had a successful trip! ak
Post a Comment