Why yes, I have been neglecting my blog. I doubt that anyone has missed it though. *grin* Except maybe Grandpa Beutel.
Anyway, boring stuff (by comparison) first.
We've been semi-busy. We went to World Relief family night. Supper at the farm last Sunday. Little miss woke up grumpy, but cheered up and was absolutely wild by the end of the night.
The latest in dish towel fashions:
This just makes me smile...
We hosted potluck here on Thursday, so on Wednesday instead of cleaning the house I cleaned out Cecily's closet. I was putting away her summer clothes and she insisted on wearing her swimsuit... and then she put on her boots. Quite the little fashionista. Or something.
I did get the house cleaned and potluck was a success.
Cecily came with me to my Dr. appointment Friday... it's a good thing people think she's cute, because really, she's a terror sometimes. She did make friends with an older lady who was waiting for the a doctor in the practice next to mine.
Saturday we raked leaves. Cecily had a great time "helping." Bob tossed her into the town leaf pile and she sank... and disappeared. She was a little unsure about that, but laughed because Bob and I did. After one of our loads she had a great time playing in the pile with a little boy there with his dad. We finished just before it started raining. I headed to Washington for my cousin Kirk's testimony that evening.
We went to Washington church on Sunday for baptisms... yeah... we started hearing the weather alerts at the end of the service and then the sirens during the last prayer. And they just kept praying and still did the announcements and I kept getting more and more nervous. I hate storms, especially tornadoes. My mom had taken Cecily out and they were in the lunch room, I ended going directly from the sanctuary to the Sunday school rooms so we ended up in different rooms when they said there was a tornado on the ground.
It was pretty scary, plus my lack of emotional control (stupid hormones) made it even worse. The power went off and we were all huddled on the ground, and some brother started praying. I was pretty weepy, holding the hand of some poor visitor girl who didn't have any family in the room and was also crying, and it got really still and then we heard the wind and debris hitting the side of the church. The tornado passed about 1/4- 1/2 mile from the church, which is waaay to close for my comfort.
They let us get up then and somebody took me to the room where Mom and Cecily were. They said she did really well for being in the dark and being contained, but she was getting a little whiny for mommy. There were still storm cells in the area so they had us all go over to the basement of the church condos until everything was past. The parking lot was a mess of sticks and tin and pieces of siding and wet insulation. We found Bob over there and waited in the dark, hot basement for a while before they gave the all clear. Cecily was getting hot and was tired of the dark.
Sooo.... we finally ate lunch in the dark and then headed over to Eureka Church for the baptisms. They didn't have power either; however, their church was built before the dark loving 70's so they have lots of windows and they had plenty of water.
Crazy day. Anyway, I'm thankful we're all safe and the church wasn't damaged (minus some siding damage and a wrenched open door). Two church family's homes were destroyed and some others were damaged. The pictures are incredible. It's so weird when it's streets you've been on and people you know and not some far away place.
I will not be sad if I am never that close to a tornado again.
Blessings.
2 comments:
Who lost their homes?
Steve and Vicki Bucher, and Kevin and Jolynn Hodel. Sad day.
Post a Comment