Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Like a Lion

*RAHR*
 
Ah March, it is still too cold and snowy for me.  At least it's light out now!  Cecily talked me into buying a bouquet out of the sale section at the grocery store because it was "bootiful" and she wanted to smell it.  Plus it looked so fresh and springy.   
 
We got out the play dough one day...  she proceeded to build snow men with it.  
 

Friday morning we went to Five Points to swim.  We saw Aunt Madelyn there.  Aunt Lena came swimming with us, and Mom came and watched.  It was fun- now she asks "Maybe t'morrow go to swimmin' pool?"  *grin*  Then we went to McDonalds for pepperfries and chicken nuggets. Mom and I stopped to see G and G and Pearl briefly and then I took a very tired little girl home... she was asleep before we got out of town.

Someone was quite excited to go outside Monday, even though those boots are getting way too small.  And mud is suddenly "icky."  *sigh*  We picked up lots of sticks and there are still more.    
 
I got her new sunglasses- she freaks out in the car sometimes if the sun is too bright.  Now she wants to wear them all the time...
 
Tuesday little miss and I went to Katie's mom's visitation... yeah... no words.   Bob had to work late, so I went when my parents could watch Cecily in the back.  She insisted on wearing her sunny glasses in, and then wondered where the princess was (it was at the fellowship hall).  O dear.  No brides this time, kiddo... "all done princess?"  I got to stand in line with Uncle Cleo, which was good, and see some family I haven't seen in a while (no one quite like cousin Bernie- *grin*).  I listened online to the funeral this morning and had to get a Kleenex a few times. 

"C'mere, Mom, play toys!" 
Otherwise, it's been quiet.  I decided to make her Easter dress, because once again I found a super cute dress on sale....  for $100.  Um... yeah.  Not going to happen.  So I'm working on that and trying to decide if it would be dumb to start any other projects around here.  If it does ever warm up I'm going to want to be outside, but there are things that need painting inside that are starting to bug me... what to do, what to do.

Blessings.

1 comment:

Troy said...

the high light wasn't seeing me at mcd's haha