Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Weekend

Mostly pictures... 
Way back in the day we started doing an Easter egg hunt for my "little" cousins, most of whom are now in high school and college.  So this year it was Cecily and some borrowed children on Good Friday afternoon.  hehe.  
They all wanted to see the cows while we were waiting for kids to show up.  Little miss has no fear and kept wanting Willow to join her in the feed bunker.   
 Until she saw the boys on the fence...
 Then she had to stand on the gate too.
 Ca'mere cows!!  And this would be a really cute picture of her and Russell if somebody's foot wasn't in the way.
 This picture amuses me on several levels...  none of them are looking the same way; and all of the imported toddlers.  Hehe.  Ok, so they all have connections- Cliff's holding my friend's boy that they babysit for, the next three are my second cousin's kids, the other two are Ron and Kary's grandkids, and then there is silly little miss... who actually left her cute braid in for the occasion!
 Off she goes to find some eggs.
 And a wheel barrow ride.
 Then Aunt Kary bribed them with quarters to pick up walnuts after they found all the eggs... haha.
 Shelly and I dyed some eggs... Cecily was more interested in Grandma's toys at this point so she didn't last long.
 
Good Friday evening services did not go so well...  the only nap she took was in the car between the farm and home so she was sooo ridiculously fragile in church.  I had to take her out twice because she started sobbing over nothing.  *sigh*  So irritating.  And then of course, the minister had to say something like, 'I'm sure everyone is glad they came tonight...' Um... well... I would maybe take a do-over!  *grin*
Saturday was gorgeous and we got some work done outside in the afternoon.  The Koch's got together in the evening and there were more eggs to find.  I'm not sure if she was trying to steal Isla's eggs, or just comparing baskets.
 Three small children going after the same egg... 
 Playing with Hanna...
 We let her open her Easter basket Sunday morning.  Check out that bed head! 
 She was quite excited to discover that marsh-pillows can look like bunnies.
 And she 'read' her new ice-skating book quite a few times.
 My attempts at a good picture of her in her Easter dress were pretty much failures. 
 She was rather squirrely that morning.
 Yeah.
 Anyway, here's a so-so picture- slightly rumpled from a day in church (and somehow there are water/milk marks on the bodice already!?  How does she manage!?)  I thought it turned out pretty good, and as long as nobody looks at the inside they won't know how bad of a seamstress I really am.  *grin*  I got smart this time and tied a perfect bow and sewed it down tight to the sash, which closes with snaps.  So much better than constantly retying it at church. 
Oh, and the ruffles.  I love the ruffles.  Grandma Koch's sewing machine has a ruffle attachment... so slick.  All I had to do was stick in my fabric and it made those perfect pleated strips.  Which I love. 

We spent Sunday evening with my family at Lori's.  So little miss got to play with Max Cliff all evening.  "Ca'mere Max!  Come slide!"  And if you reminded her that this boy's name is Cliff, "Ca'mere Ma-Ca-liff!"  hehe.   There is nothing quite like Aunt Pearl playing detective....  'Hi Honey, and BAM!'  I laughed.  A lot.  (It might have even been better than the 'Put 'em on the street corner and kick 'em' comment.)

And today we did laundry and were lazy.  Blessings.

No comments: