Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Rain, rain, go away

I know, we need the rain, but the gloomy cold is making me feel quite cooped up...   
Our microwave decided to die while we were heating up supper one night.  So Bob got to go pick out a new one.  Then he turned the box into a "dog house" for Cecily.
 It doubles as Noah's ark when it's upside down and full of animals.  Not sure what that look is for...
Mother's day was....  interesting.  Rustin and Sharon took Cecily to church and then brought her home early because she threw up.  And had a fever.  Aaaahhh  I felt so bad.  Thankfully, after a nap, Tylenol and a good night's sleep she was back to normal.  Happy Mother's day to me.   Just as long as this doesn't become tradition like our anniversary (it was Bob's turn to be sick this year). 

So far Emmy has been a really good baby.  Eats like a champ and then sleeps. 
Cecily's still pretty jealous.  She likes 'Emmy Ma-jo-lee' most of the time, just not nap time when Emmy needs to eat and Cecily wants to fall asleep on my lap.  So there hasn't been much napping happening.  (For whatever reason she has refused to take a nap in her crib or bed her entire life... I gave up long ago, not worth the screaming and loss of a nap.) 
We bundled up and went for a walk with our new double stroller.  It's a sit- and- stand, which Cecily loves. 
Cecily got to go play at the farm today and I tried hard to be lazy and rest.  It's a good thing it's not nice enough out to paint or I would be.  Or weeding.  Or doing something other than sit on the couch.  Haha. Why is it that when you aren't supposed to do anything it's the worst thing ever?  Normally I would be avoiding housework...  anyway. I'm only a little bit stir crazy.  *grin*

Blessings.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Yes, the rain does need to stop. Mostly because my children need to go outside, and I need them to be able to go out. :) My energy levels don't deal well with them cooped up in the house.

I'm so glad Emmy is being good, and sleeping and eating well! And her hair! So cute!

Jenny said...

O man, poor Cecily wants to go out sooo bad. Emmy's hair is hilarious- it sticks out all over sometimes. :)