Friday, December 05, 2014

And at last I see the light, and it's like the fog has lifted....

Yes, well.  Emmy has not been sleeping at night and I've been in a fog again for a few weeks.  Woot.  I was kind of a grumpy mess over Thanksgiving, but that was hopefully the worst of it and she has been sleeping much better the last few nights. 

Smiley baby.  She loves to play with toys...
 And Cecily.
 This one makes me laugh- Cecily looks like she's playing harp and Emmy is quite pleased with that truck.
 We spent Thanksgiving in Washington.  Shelly and I made all the pies- except for the razzleberry Grandma had in the freezer...  she also made the turkey and the stuffing and sent bread.  She didn't come because Grandpa had been in the hospital, she just made all the food.  Anyway, I've made better pie.  Probably the whole multitasking while in a fog of exhaustion thing.

She's figured out how to get toys out of the baskets.
 I'm not sure if this is a lion or a dragon.  They're both equally loud.  One day she said, "my daughter's are so loud."  Pretty sure I've never said that.  She amuses me.
 The girls' Christmas dresses are done.  I just added skirts to some shirts I bought.  I think they're cute, and Cecily loves hers.

Alas, poor Bonsai San, I knew him, Horatio!  I am really good at killing plants these days.
 We got out the Christmas decorations.  She loves her little tree!
 "E" for Emmy.
 There was a nap time accident- the sorry state of our couch under the slipcover, and two girls "playing" Daddy's old Nintendo.  Little miss loved the Monkey game, aka, Donkey Kong. 
 It's a ball!
 Hey! She has my tigger ball!
 Is this food?  I think I would like to taste it.
 She's getting better at getting things out.  Woot.
 This amuses me.  Masha and the Bear and Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus.  They're at Bethlehem.
 We cleared a spot for the Christmas tree- we got it on Wednesday and I haven't taken a picture yet.  I like it a lot.  It's full of so many memories; most of my ornaments are from my Grandma Schlipf, my favorites are her clip on glass birds.
 My pinterest porch decorations. 
 I'm a fan. 
Tonight we were on the committee for church Christmas caroling.  It was a good night, but tiring!  We came home with lots of yummy pulled pork and other goodies.  Next year we'll actually get to go sing!  Yay! 

And there's only one more Friday before the semester is over!  Craziness.  Time is flying.  And we get to do chromatography next week- I'm excited. 

Blessings.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Your girls are beautiful! I love Emmys smile and Cecily's ever-present Elsa dress. :-)

Grant and Hannah Herrmann said...

I love the girls' Christmas dresses - so cute! I think that's kind of what I wanted for Ivory's Christmas dress, but my vision was lacking when I was actually making the dress... so I definitely didn't end up with that. :)