It's been really quiet around here, which I love. But it makes for boring blog posts.
Just chilling... for some reason Cecily needed her Elsa jammies and church shoes on. And I have no idea what Emmy is wearing.
One morning they got out all the dress up clothes and Emmy wanted it all on at once. So her outfit included the snow white dress, a fairy dress, a scarf, etc. over her pajamas. She looked hilarious.My mom came and picked up the girls Friday morning and took them for the day. I got to go to Peoria to pick up my sewing machine and went to the mall all by myself! It was so peaceful. And so easy. I didn't have to unbuckle anyone! Or carry anyone!
Bob and I went to potluck that evening at Greg and Mary's. It was a good time, as always. When we went to pick up the girls they had taken a bath; Cecily had found herself some pj's and she was determined she was going to spend the night with Grandma. So we let her. And Emmy fell asleep on the way home so we had a very quiet evening.
Mom and Grandma and Lori and Di brought her back in the morning.... after they took her to all the shopping and open houses in town. She brought home several treasures. "Grandma Lydiann at the condos" got her some slippers and she picked me out some potholders and she got a white purse... she was quite pleased with her whole morning. Then she got to show them all her toys and her room. Ha.
We spent the afternoon raking leaves. Well, sort of. All of the wind we've had pushed most of them into drifts, so we just had to rake a few spots and then Bob mulched them up with the lawn mower. So much easier than hauling them.
This silly girl was sitting in the shoe basket trying to put my sandals on.
Cecily got her song and verse for the Christmas program. Should be interesting. She has a tendency to segue into the Messiah version of "For unto us a child is born" so I'm not sure if I should hope that she'll start singing it at the program or not. It would be awesome. She does great on the syncopated "and the government shall be upon his sho-o-o-o-o-oulders" part. And now Emmy wanders around singing along with Cecily's singing birthday card "Goooooo!" I love it.
Blessings.
2 comments:
when is tremonts Christmas program?
Love the daily news! ak
Post a Comment