Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Busy, busy

The last two weeks were pretty busy weeks... for us anyway.  Usually I try not to leave the house unless it's absolutely necessary.  And we rarely do anything that requires babysitters. 
So getting up for story hour is kind of a production.... we watched Kenna one morning and she came with us to the library. 
That weekend Cecily got to go to a morning pajama party at Hanna's house.  She was super excited and she had a good time with her friends.  Bob's family got together in the evening for a baked potato supper. 
My mom turned Old on Sunday.  So we spent the evening at the farm with my family and Steve and Renee's family.  They share a birthday... and it only took me 31 years to figure out why.  The girls had fun playing with Cristina; after she went home uncle Jakey dug out their old light saber.  They were so wound up.  Cecily turned off all the lights and Emmy was running around saying "zzzt, zzzt!" *sigh* Such nerdlings. 
The next week I actually rescheduled a dentist appointment because I would have needed to find someone to watch the girls 5 days in a row... and that's kind of a lot.  They start to get a little fragile when our routine is off that much.  But we survived. 
After story hour I dropped them off at the farm and headed to the doctor for the dreaded glucose tolerance test.  (I passed, thankfully.)  It's actually gotten a lot better each time, this time it wasn't fasting, only lasted an hour, and the glucose solution didn't even taste that bad.  It still leaves a really awful feeling in the pit of my stomach for the rest of the day.  Ick.  We listened to church with Grandpa and Grandma Beutel that evening and the girls were really good and quiet!
The next day they got to play and eat lunch at Kenna's house while I met Amber for lunch.  It was delightful.  And not just because I didn't have to tell anyone to lean over the table and eat.  It had been a very long time since I've gotten to catch up with her.  Good times.
Last Friday night was potluck.  Janelle told us we all had to buy our spouse's outfit at a thrift store for the evening... we all looked pretty amazing.  Jon's outfit was pretty stellar, 'Best Dressed Individual' was definitely deserved.
 And the girls... Nichole was pretty styling... Mary's wool West German suit was just cool...
The maternity section of thrift stores is always super small so I didn't really have high hopes.  I ended up with a lovely nautical tent.  Haha.  At least it had pockets and was super comfy!  And now we know where the muumuu originated from... apparently missionaries to Hawaii introduced it to replace indecent indigenous fashion.  Aren't we cute, or something!
Saturday was a dreary day.  We picked up sticks in the yard and burned the brush pile.  I got tired of bending over so I raked sticks.  And raked. And raked.  So many sticks.  That evening was communion at church... mom came over to watch the girls so they could take a bath/be ready for bed a little bit early because of the time change.  Ugh.
Morning came so early.  I had a hard time staying awake in church and I took a nap when we got home.  We all did, except Cecily.  She says she wasn't tired.  That evening we headed back to church for the Easter program.  O man.  Cecily did... good.  Ha.  I was kind of feeling bad about not singing her song with her, or going over the poem they said very often. (It was cheesy.  I don't like cheesy.) But then she got up there, right in front of the mike, and she knew all of it and was the loudest one in her class.  I wasn't sure if I should be embarrassed or amused... ayiyiyiyi.  At least she was enthusiastic? 
This week we are doing as little as possible.  I was trying to put the snow clothes away.
 It wasn't raining, but they wanted their umbrellas.
 Who knows...
 Bob told them to go clean the bathroom walls... with dry paper towels... it kept them occupied for a while.
Hopefully the rest of the week is as quiet.  We voted today and I'm pretty sure the storm that came through deposited a lot more sticks in the yard.  woot. 
Blessings.

No comments: