It's finally warm! Hallelujah! No coats, no shoes, the girls would prefer no pants.... flowers are blooming... spring is the best.
Continuing down my project list... This is our only bathtub. There is not enough tile around it.... considering we have two little water lovers and hard water that leaves spots all over the walls. I used satin bathroom/kitchen paint, but it's still not very washable.
I am not afraid to try home improvement projects, but hopefully I know my limits. I would hate to be the reason the next owner of this house goes crazy.... I mean.... would it have been that hard to mark a level line on the wall and use spacers when tiling this backsplash?? Bob and I hung the cabinet with a level. There is a quarter inch difference in the tile underneath it. Why?? It's not like tile is easy to replace or fix. Anyway, so we're trying something new- wallpaper! Ha. When I mentioned that I wanted Mom to teach me how to wallpaper at her and Steve's birthday party it was met with exclamations of shock and horror from all quarters. We've all removed waaaaay too much wallpaper in our young lives because; no matter how cool/pretty/trendy/etc. it is when it's put up, it quickly becomes passé (and if you wait long enough, ugly, hehe). This is a little different though: behold paintable, textured bead board wallpaper! (The weird spots went away when it dried.)
It's going all around the lower half of the bathroom, will be capped with trim and eventually I'll get around to painting it in delightfully scrubbable semi-gloss paint. Mom came over on Saturday and helped me and talked me through papering behind the toilet. Woot. It's not a Lyd and Pearl job, but not bad for a first attempt. My long term plan for this bathroom is to completely remodel and put in a tub/shower combo (way down the road and many years of saving up), so since I will probably be the one removing this wallpaper I don't feel too guilty.
Emmy has been sleeping in the bottom bunk since last Tuesday! And napping in there! Woot woot.
Such a big little girl.
We've been enjoying the sunshine... lunch outside.
The driveway was full of chalk creatures again. And I hooked up the hose, so somehow they both got soaking wet and needed their towels.
Bob got the lawnmowers out on Saturday to see if they will run this year. He was going to just wash off the seat....
And they, of course, decided to wash the whole thing. We now have the cleanest mower on the street. (We're really not lawnmower washing type people...)
That evening Lena had planned a surprise party for Matt's 30th at the farm. He found out about it, but it was still fun. The girls had a great time chasing Gus around, taking grandpa supper at the field, playing with Garrett, and eating cosmic cake. I was excited to see Kris and Blake... it was a good time, and Emmy got to bring home some snack mix. She hugged it tight all the way home, silly little hobbit.
Other than picking all of the flowers, we have been intentionally not busy. Although I need to get my act together and get the garden tilled because Cecily is dying to plant more flowers...
Blessings.



1 comment:
Like the wallpaper! It does protect the wals and the vinyl ones wash well! I think all things cycle.
Girls are so cute--spring is great for the kids to get out easier.
love, ak
Post a Comment