Wednesday, December 14, 2016

It's beginning to...

 feel like Winter!  Yikes it got cold fast!

We are in the middle of Christmas prep, which I love and also dislike if that's possible.  Mostly I just dislike finding spots to stash presents... our bedroom is getting crowded.

Oh life... mornings... Cecily's asking existential questions about good and evil and I'm just over here trying to read the comics... what is going on with Judge Parker!?  And Rex Morgan!?  I can't handle all this at breakfast!

Me: Why are the cookies on the floor?
Emmy: Because they were not listening to me! 
um.... I have no idea how she managed this:
We got to light the first candle on the advent wreath!  They were disappointed it wasn't the pink candle.
One of the van seatbelts is stuck... and since I'm a farm girl, and how hard could it possibly be?, I attempted to fix it.  It appears, though, that I would have to take off the entire side panel to get to the seatbelt mechanism so I was stymied.  Naptime is not long enough for that. 

The girls and I met Amy and Rylen for lunch one day- fun, but eating at a restaurant with four kids is chaos.  It was good to see her for a little bit at least.

This was NOT my idea and I was very glad when they were on the ground.
This year was a good Springerle year!  Hooray!!

We all went Christmas Caroling this year.  Fun times.  It always seems too short.  The girls were all good, and Cadence slept through most of supper at the fellowship hall, so that was nice.

Little Jack turned 1!  He's so cute.  Matt and Lena had a party for him and the girls did pretty well not taking his new toys and not being too overbearing.
His cute farm cake and smash cake and proud parents. 
It snowed!  They couldn't wait to get outside after church.
We made a snowman.  Cadence was not sure about this snow stuff.
And then Bob built a pretty cool fort for them. 
I gave them some frosting and cookies to make a mess with and lick.
We won't be sharing these with anyone.
Cecily was practicing her program verse and Emmy chimed in.  So I got her to say it again:
 
We went and got a Christmas tree!  They thought this one was cute.

They also thought the pink flocked tree was pretty, but we stuck with traditional green.
Cecily went to the Christmas program practice and was soooo excited to get a present. Emmy was a little jealous.

Cadence does not want to be left in the bouncy during supper.
Bob's coworker and his wife invited us over for supper Saturday night.  The girls had a great time playing with Abby and Miranda again.  Cadence has been extra fussy lately so I spent a lot of time trying to console her. *sigh* This too shall pass, right? 

Church is just so exhausting... can't even keep my eyes open until we get home.
Finally, finally, we got to light the pink candle and it was PROGRAM night!  Much excitement and frozen pizza because I was feeling lazy. 
All ready to go in their new dresses. 
It was a good program- Cecily did not distinguish herself and Emmy stayed quiet (with the help of grandma and 4 packs of fruit snacks).  Grandma-Lydiann-at-the-condos and Grandpa came with my parents so that was fun. 
 
Now they all have colds and we are lying low this week because festivities start this weekend.  It's also cold.    Blessings.

No comments: