Sunday, April 30, 2017

Three little kids for the flavor

Well April showers better bring May flowers, and make the garden grow and all that good stuff because it is wet out there...

We had a good Easter weekend.  On Thursday we celebrated Passover; the girls were super excited to eat on my "fancy dishes" and drink sparkling grape juice.  I did not let them use goblets though- I'm not that crazy.  "This is a feast!"  (Of which they mostly just drank juice and ate deviled eggs.) 
Mom and Lena and Jack came over on Friday for a little bit.
They decorated some cupcakes with Grandma.
Jelly beans! Frosting!
Then they dyed eggs- Jack got to dunk a plastic egg in water, seriously the best idea ever.
The girls were very confused about going to church on Friday evening... is it Wednesday? Are we going to eat lunch?  Haha.  

Saturday we went to Koch Easter.  The big girls had a great time with the kids and the bounce house (Cadence loved bouncing too! So funny!).  I got stung by a wasp.  Woe is me.

Checking out their Easter baskets on Sunday morning.  The books they got are wordless and the pictures are really cool, which I love.
Little squishy was more interested in the paper Easter grass... she got a book of animal poems, one of which is titled "Cadence."
Oh man, we tried to get a picture of the girls in their matching Easter dresses....  there are 20 more that are equally terrible.  Haha.  I'm so glad I wasn't wasting film!  
We didn't have plans after church so it was actually a delightful and relaxing afternoon.  Cecily and Emmy wanted to hunt for eggs, so I hid empty eggs a couple of times for them.  Cadence approved of the sunshine and soft grass. 
Sometimes they would share an egg with her.
Such a lovely day.  
When it's nice out we go outside and pick all of the flowers.
She's already figured out that if you touch the screen, it lights up.  *sigh*
What is this??  I'm not sure about this dandelion crown at all!!
She was soooooo mad that she couldn't get the doors to open.  
These doors are a little bit easier... 
We had to mow already.  And we had to get the picnic quilt out and eat a snack and nap and play in the sandbox.  Emmy is afraid of the mowers because they are loud; she was not interested in the earmuffs though, so Cecily wore them.  
Like I said, we pick all the flowers.  #noblossomleftbehind  
First porch picnic of the year!  
This cupboard is a little bit more difficult to childproof... she was so pleased with herself though and I was almost done with supper...
We borrowed a tiller this year and Bob tilled up the garden.  It seems huge this year, but it's not any bigger than last year.  We planted potatoes, onions, and beans so far.  The girls pulled a bunch of random seed packets off the rack to plant later.  I don't think we have room for squash, watermelon, cucumber, and flowers.... and they don't even like squash so I don't know how that one got in there.
Ooo!  We used the girls' Christmas money from the Greats to get a playhouse!  Bob was up late one evening putting it together.
They are so excited!  
They haven't gotten to play in it much yet since it got cold and rainy. 
I found another toddler swing on varage sale because someone is completely uninterested in learning to use a regular swing and in taking turns with Cadence.  
We've been married for 8 years!  
There's an old song the Statler Brothers sing... "Then add the wedding bells, one house where lovers dwell, Three little kids for the flavor, stir carefully through the days, See how the flavor stays, These are the dreams you will savor!"  
We didn't do anything this year, but no one was sick, so it was a good day!  :P  I got flowers... I gave Bob an antique bowl that I liked because the traditional 8th anniversary gift is pottery or bronze and I needed an excuse to buy it.  Hehe. 
Cadence has hit the 8-10 month sleep regression and the  9-10 month growth spurt at the same time.  Woot.  I just love waking up for 1.5 hrs at 4am.  Or twice a night.  And naps are all over the place and completely unpredictable.  Delightful.

It is funny when she starts to fall asleep in the high chair...
Getting a little stir crazy on these rainy days.
But when we make them go outside they just stand there (and shiver).
We only have one more week of Chemistry for the year!  Crazy!  Last Friday we talked about Equilibrium and they sort of laughed at my joke... *sigh*  We babysat with our potluck in the evening which is always a chaotic fun time.  
Then we had a quiet rainy Saturday and a quiet rainy Sunday, which I love.  
Blessings.

No comments: