Monday, May 22, 2017

And exhale...

We made it.  Ha.  You know it's going to be a busy weekend when you have to make a game plan.  And I think we spent just under 5 hours in the van over 3 days.  (Which really isn't that long, we were just all.over.the.place.)
On Friday, the girls and I went to my Great Uncle Bill's visitation.  Shelly and Gideon followed us so we would have somebody to stand by in line, and Mom and Dad were there and got to wrangle all the children.  He was the last of my Grandma's siblings... so weird to think they are all gone now.   And no more jokes...  mur.  Here's a throwback to young group days- it was a grandparents dinner and I think Kendra invited G&G so Michelle and I invited Bill and Lucille.  
From there, we headed west to Carli's graduation party.  Hooray for graduations and cake!  The girls had a great time not eating anything but sugar and playing with the other kids that were there.  It was good to see Abby and Lys and some of my aunts, uncles, and cousins.  
Little squishy kept falling asleep in the car so she was not ready for bed until much later than usual.  
 On Saturday we all went to Gridley to Jesse's graduation party.  It's a long drive and I let the little one destroy a package of kleenex in exchange for her not sobbing, and the middle one played with the stereo remote.
 They were of course more interested in Christina's swing set and trampoline than in eating or talking to people... plus Ed and Peggy came from California for the funeral and brought Ruby the dog along. Our next stop was the condos, where all of the kids and a host of babysitters were hanging out during testimonies.  This blurry picture of Cadence and Parker is the only picture I took and they were being so cute. 
Troy was 3 out of 4 and we planned to show up late and leave early.  Which is great in theory- but slightly awkward when the only open bench was pretty far up and Abby and Michelle and I tried to slip in.  And then slip back out again. Hehe. Maybe if they had the sound on in the baby room during testimonies I would have brought Cadence for the whole evening, but nooo, my favorite trustee tells me it's not possible.     
We were in Washington all day on Sunday, of course.  Oh man, I have no idea where Cecily comes from- she has no problem going to Sunday school there.  And her teachers told me she volunteers to do things in class.  Pretty sure I hated visiting other Sunday schools and tried my hardest to be invisible.  
I got the older two in the afternoon and we sat by Aunt Shelly and Gideon and Kandace, Carli, and Kayla.  They were pretty good, considering how long they had to sit quietly.  (I'm just glad Bob got to wrestle Cadence all afternoon.)  It helped that they borrowed Grandma's purse and her "strong" for the occasion.  
So other than an almost freak out by Emmy when it was our turn to go through the line ("Noo- I don't want to get bath-tized!") It was a good day.  Even though it makes me all emotional that my little cousins are all grown up and getting baptized and graduating.    
The rest of Sunday was spent recovering and napping.
Cecily wanted to know where we were going to drive to this morning and it was so nice to say- NOWHERE!  Instead, Tim came to look at our not functioning air conditioner; cross-our fingers it's fixed for awhile.  Emmy drew me pictures of our leaking air-conditioning.  They rode bikes and looked for rocks on the road while waiting for Grandma to come with entourage for a tour-of-the-grandkids. Or something like that.
Squishy was so happy to be outside. 
They were so excited to show Grandpa their playhouse, and the garden, and the rose bush. 
 Uncle Ed and Mom...
 Peggy, Christina, and Ruby. Ruby is such a chill, laid back dog.
The girls gave them the grand tour and Cecily insisted on showing Grandma how to play Mario Kart... *sigh*
I'm hoping for a quiet week. 
Blessings.

No comments: