Sunday, February 04, 2018

Winter fun

I really don't mind winter.  I don't like being cold, but I like going into hibernation in our cozy house.  
We took advantage of a warmer day to ride bikes.
We had a quiet week and then a busier week; last weekend Bob helped Sharon and Rustin move.  
Oh dear little Emmy.  She wanted to wear her (short sleeved) unicorn shirt so I told her to put a long sleeved shirt underneath it... she came out like this... three year old fashion at its finest.  Pink pants, lavender shirt, teal striped undershirt. 
Bob has been really busy at work and working long hours, which is of course no fun for us.  We get a little lonely and cranky.   So, I was dreading another long afternoon of whiny cooped up children begging for screen time.  About 15 minutes before we had to pick up Cecily I decided to take them to Monkey Joe's, Emmy's crazy outfit and all.  
 Cecily thinks Monkey Joe's is the best thing ever.  Emmy and Cadence like it too.
 Cadence had no fear. And thankfully, her sister were willing to help her climb up the inflatables. 
 They barely stopped moving.
 The little one did really well keeping up with her big sisters.
 So much fun.  Which I guess makes the time and expense worth it. 
I got to go to sewing club, which is always fun.  I even managed to get a few stitches done on my never ending cross stitch project.
Mom, take a picture of me with Rebecca holding the cat! 
 Thursday afternoon we met Mom, Jack, Shelly, and Gideon at the children's museum- getting in all of our winter fun in one week! Gideon loves the moo... and Cadence was pretty fascinated with milking it too.
 The little boys loved the balls.
 "Oh!" 
 The apron was a little big for her.  
 Future engineer connecting pipes to turn the water wheel.
 Jack was zooming in on grandma, and the girls were not impressed.
 Emmy's happy place.
 Our last stop was the kinetic sand.  All lined up...
 Friday we went to teaching school.  I had a slight sore throat so thankfully it was a lab day and I didn't have to talk as much.  That afternoon I was working on an embroidery project and Cecily decided she wanted to sew. right. now. and would not be dissuaded.  And she decided it HAD to be a shirt for Rebecca.  *sigh*   So I traced out a basic t-shirt shape for her.  She actually did a really good sewing the seams.  And Emmy would not be left out, she made a "ball"  and a scarf.  
 They were so proud of themselves and their creations!  (And I was a little proud of them too.)(Also, another wonderful Emmy outfit.)
And then my cold got worse and Bob came down with the same sore throat.  So we've been holed up at home coughing and blowing our noses... the girls have been healthy so far, thankfully.

Blessings.

No comments: