Sunday, March 18, 2018

Between winter and spring

I feel like I'm falling behind on blogging... partly because I've had trouble importing pictures to my computer.  And possibly laziness.
FFA strawberries came in, so I spent an afternoon making jam.  I don't bake bread so unfortunately I didn't have any fresh homemade bread to taste test it on.  Sad news, fresh homemade jam on fresh homemade bread is pretty much heaven.  
 Cadence thought it was funny to put the tablet on the toy school bus and push it around the house... except they aren't allowed to have electronics in their bedrooms... 
 Bob and Nathan and Matt hosted Jake's bachelor supper two weeks ago so I took the girls to the farm for the evening.  My father, bless his heart, is taking up bee keeping.  
 We made a paper chain count down of days until the wedding!  They are so excited.  
 I found Cadence with my phone, looking at pictures of Gideon... quite proud of herself, little sneak.
 Cecily and Emmy had a dentist appointment.  It was Emmy's first time and she did great.  She was most excited that she would get treats.  Hooray for new toothbrushes and stickers!
 We can't do the little kid swim times anymore since Cecily is in school, but they do have open swim every afternoon/evening so I took the girls to the "big inside pool."  It's getting much easier to manage alone, the older two are pretty confident with their puddle jumpers on so I just have to deal with Cadence.  And they can mostly dress themselves, which is 3/4 of the battle. 
 We got to watch Griffin for a little bit one morning.  
A rare Walmart trip and they had samples!   Best Day Ever.  (or something)
 When the littlest one thinks she is big enough to help and you're just not fast enough... 
 Last Friday was so nice.  It was a day off school, there was no Co-op, and Bob had the day off work.  No one had to get up and we had no where we had to be.  It was a delightful morning. Then I found a lock of hair in the garbage.  
So..... I've been telling the girls that if kids cut their own hair it hurts really bad, and the only way it doesn't hurt is if an adult uses a special scissors...... today I found a lock of hair in the garbage. 
Me: Emmy! Did you cut your hair? 
Emmy: It didn't hurt! 
#mustnotlaugh #whitelies #curious#couldhavebeenworse#rightbeforethewedding

Thankfully, it's really not noticeable at all. Cecily got to spend the afternoon at Hanna's house; then we went shopping and out to eat in the evening.  It was a good reminder of why we don't do that very often with three crazy girls.  They discovered a talking fridge while I was checking out.  
 Saturday morning the girls and I went to Jake and Rachel's church shower.  They were really good- thank goodness for Janelle's old toys.  Bob had plans with the potluck guys that evening, so the girls and I went back to the farm for supper.  We sang some Sacred Harp- but we only had one book, so we had the ingenious idea to take pictures of the music with our smartphones.  What can I say, we Wysses are smart AND talented.  Haha. Or something.  
 Sunday was Grandpa Beutel's 90th birthday party.  The girls are always so excited to find out we are eating supper at the fellowship hall.... not that they do a lot of actual eating.  Well, maybe dessert.  It was a nice evening.
There have been a few warmer days to enjoy snacks on the porch.
 I almost forgot about Pi day (Crazy, I know!) until Bob mentioned they were supposed to bring pie to work the next day... it was about 8:30pm.  Soooooo... I quick made a batch of pie crust and he got a strawberry and cream cheese pie made with pie filling (sorry coworkers!).  I used the rest of the pie crust to make taco pie and mini apple pies for our supper.  Oh!  And baby Jesus disappeared from our nativity set sometime in December, only to reappear in a fancy purse at the bottom of the dress up clothes on Pi day.  There was great rejoicing! 
 Unfortunately, Pi day did not line up well with my Thermodynamics lecture this year so we did not have pie and ice cream.... I just made ice cream.  Because homemade ice cream makes everything, even Thermodynamics, so much better.  
Swinging in the sunshine. 
 Little Emmy got invited to a Little House on the Prairie tea party on Saturday.  She was so excited to go to Eva's house.  And Hanna came to our house so Cecily wasn't too jealous. She wasn't done eating when I picked her up, no surprise there, so she brought most of her "tea" home.  
We had communion in the evening.  Since W-ton's communion conflicts with Jake's wedding lots of my family came with us and Kandace, Carli, and Cliff watched the girls.  It worked out so well.  
Cadence and Emmy have been snotty and coughing again.  *sigh*  This morning Cadence was coughing up all of her sinus drainage, and needed a kleenex every two seconds so she didn't get to go to church. She was a gross, snotty, mess- poor kid.  The big girls did great at the Easter program tonight.  They were so excited about it, even though I didn't let them wear their wedding/Easter dresses yet.  
Blessings.  

No comments: