Saturday, November 24, 2018

Raise the song of harvest home

And I blinked and Thanksgiving is over.  On to Christmas!  
Gideon sent us mail.  It made Emmy's day to get a letter.  
My cousins and siblings started sending election day 'I Voted' selfies waaayyy to early in the morning.  We voted at a more seemly hour.  Yay for stickers!  Emmy wanted to know if they would pick me to be in charge.  hehe.  
Cecily made a 3-D version of the game Bob and Nathan are developing.  
I attempted to stop taking anti-nausea meds.  I was puking again in 48 hours.  *sigh* Oh well.  I will gladly continue taking them, much preferable to the alternative.  Also, how did I not know about them the first three times??  It's basically just a vitamin and an over-the-counter anti-histamine but it makes such a world of difference.  Maybe I was just too proud... or didn't think I was sick enough for the doc to let me take something.   This time was so horribly bad though.  And thanks to Shelly, I now know I could have a genetic blood clotting disorder and I do NOT want a blood clot and I do NOT want to give my self shots of blood thinner twice a day for months and so therefore I will call and BEG for meds so I am not stuck on the couch for 10+ weeks.  And I didn't even need to beg.  
Cecily did not get my procrastination gene- she brought home a paper turkey to disguise for thanksgiving and wanted to work on it right. now.  Emmy thought it sounded fun too; good thing we have a copier.  Cecily disguised her turkey as Rapunzel; Emmy turned hers into a girl.
Hewo, Bama.  Eh-cess, Em-ma, My, Fahm.  Translation: Hello Grandma, Cecily, Emmy, and I want to come to the farm. :)
Cecily's wish of wanting to play in the leaves was finally granted!  It wasn't too cold, or too wet so they had lots of fun.  Then I mowed them all and they were sad.  
Michelle hosted cousins night.  She made soup and we all brought an appetizer- so we had lots of good food.  The girls had lots of fun with Jack and Gideon and they even warmed up to playing with Clayton.
Cadence is fond of taking pictures on my phone, however, she mostly ends up using burst mode so I end up with 30+ blurry pictures of Clayton's face.  Ha.
I love Hobby Lobby.  They had a whole section of cute, small cross stitch projects like this one for $5 or less and I could hardly resist.  Even though I don't really have time to be doing cross stitch projects... and I really don't have anywhere to put this.  (It kind of matches the colors in Cadence's room so it's hanging out in there for now- unless someone really wants it.  I'd gladly pass it on to a good home!)
I went and had a nice chat with my eye doctor last week.  Eye doctors are just a strange breed.  Then the next day I was brave and took Emmy and Cadence with me to my OB appointment.  They behaved themselves fairly well, at least it was a fast appointment.  Then we got McDonald's for lunch, which they love.  
It snowed!  The girls were so excited so I got out all the snow clothes... woot.  The weather has not been conducive for leaf removal so there was a lovely carpet of leaves under the snow.  It made for a very dirty looking snowman.  
It wasn't a very cold snowy day; they probably would have stayed out until it got dark but I wanted to go in... 
Saturday was a busy day for me.  Dress rehearsal for Messiah was in the afternoon until 4:30 and then I got to hurry home and get ready and rush off to potluck in the evening.  We played some family feud after supper- Bob beat me.  It wasn't fair.  haha.  I may be more competitive than I thought.
Sunday was a big day.  There was a wedding at church, so there was lots of company which is always fun.  Cadence picked Sunday to be the whiniest, squirmiest, naughtiest she has been in church in a long time.  I was ready for a nap before lunch.  But, no rest for the weary, after church was the performance!  Messiah is just such a great piece of music and getting to sing with an orchestra is just so fun.  From my perspective, I thought the whole concert went fairly well; at least, I didn't make any super obvious mistakes.  :)    It makes me feel very... unworthy... on so many levels.  I'm really just an average singer- how do I get to sing for Phil?  With Jan (the best soprano I'd ever heard as a child...)? With professional musicians?  
I pretty much collapsed on the couch when I got home and didn't do anything the rest of the week.... 
We spent Thanksgiving in W-ton.  The girls were pretty excited to go to Grandma Kathy's church, they were even pretty good during the service.  We changed at the farm and then went to Paul and Jean's for lunch.  So much good food.  And pie. Yes, Cadence does just have a plate of whipped cream.  No sense wasting good pie.... unlike one of her sisters who only ate the whipped cream off of the top of her pie....
Yay Thanksgiving!
We spent the afternoon playing games and relaxing until supper.  Hooray for leftover turkey!  I seriously love turkey.  I may or may not have two whole birds in my freezer at the moment because it's so cheap at Thanksgiving.
Rub-a-dub-dub, three kids in a tub.
Mom wanted to try and get a picture with all of us and of all the grands since we were all together. It was a rather hilarious scene behind the cameras...
Michelle and I insisted on our tradition of singing thanksgiving hymns, which I love, and which we unabashedly imposed on everyone else.  Then we took our tired kids home to bed.
Friday was a pretty quiet day.  I did some online shopping, cleaned, and started putting up Christmas decorations. Nathan and Gideon came over after supper to work on their game.  Then Nathan discovered they had a flat tire, which he and Bob couldn't get off of the car so they couldn't put on the spare.  (In their defense, the shop had to grind something to get it off)  Gideon happily played and entertained me until after midnight... haha.  So much energy.  Nathan eventually took our van home and came back in the morning and took his car to good old T-town oil.  Cecily was glad because they got to play a game in the morning while the tire got fixed.  Then Susan came for lunch... busy day here.  
Blessings.    

3 comments:

Wendi said...

Please do tell me what anti nausea meds you take! I don’t need them right now, I mean it! :) , but discovered some when I was pregnant with Harrison. Wonder if it’s the same. :) and congrats by the way. :)

Jenny said...

The doctors office suggested taking extra vitamin B6 and Unisom tablets (I've been buying generic). I had been taking B6 by itself and didn't see any difference, but adding the Unisom was a game changer! I could actually function and sort of cook decent meals! I've heard it's basically the same active ingredients as Diclegis, which is prescription. What did you take?? I wouldn't recommend ginger capsules which I tried also.... everything tasted like ginger.... so terrible.... :P

Wendi said...

I took diclegis and it worked pretty well for me! I was still nauseous but it was doable. I didn’t end up having to do a prescription, they just gave me little bottles of samples to get me through my first 16 weeks. 🙊