Instead of staying healthy and getting to go to all of our Christmases we spent Monday on the couch watching cartoons with buckets nearby... Emmy woke us up first at about 2:30 in the morning... I'm not completely convinced Cecily had the same bug- she tends to get so worried about the possibility of getting sick that she makes herself sick... We didn't want to risk driving over to Gridley since this plague has been making the rounds and is fairly sudden onset. The girls were disappointed that they didn't get to go to Nina's house. Hooray for way too much screen time and so.many.loads of laundry. We also didn't do any thing for NYE. I don't think they even realized it until a few days later.
They were feeling better enough to go to the farm for Christmas the next day. Bob, unfortunately, was not. Hooray for presents!Emmy took her time. And savored every moment...
Cadence would have opened everything in the room, just for the fun of it.
Hehe. Gideon was quietly helping himself to oreos in the kitchen.
Reading "Come Visit the Circus" my "Come Visit the Farm" parody photo book that we gave to Grandma.
We sang some Messiah and attempted Salmo 150... such a fun song, but so fast... it's not even that hard- it was in fairly regular rotation for EHS chorus. We did not sound like this though!
When it was time to go home we couldn't find Cadence's blankie anywhere. We looked and looked and finally had to go home without it. Grandma came up with some substitute fleece scraps but... it's a good thing she was so tired because she was a sad little girl. It turned up stuffed inside a pillow sham, the obvious place to put a dearly beloved blanket.
The rest of the week was quiet. Cecily got a fleece blanket kit that she worked on over a couple of days.
Friday was in the 50's... perfect weather for taking down the outside Christmas decorations! The girls were pretty disappointed that half of the lights on our porch garland didn't work (so I didn't even bother plugging it in this year); I replaced the lights while they played hide-and-go-seek. Without coats! We got all the decorations put away and the tree came down. Sad day. Emmy insisted on sweeping up all the needles and I didn't argue. I love how cozy Christmas decorations makes the house feel.... and I love how open it feels when they come down again.
Grandma B. has been sewing doll clothes... she invited us over Saturday afternoon. Rebecca is wearing her beautiful new dress and the girls are getting the best afternoon snack of their lives- ice cream, cookies, and fruit snacks.
They played with bears until it was time to go home for naps...
So our last week of break wasn't too bad... no one else got sick. Unless you count me trying to stop taking anti-nausea meds for the 3rd or 4th time and making it 3 whole days before puking my guts out again. *sigh* You'd think at 24 weeks it would be gone...
I'm not ready for school to start again. I don't think I'll ever be a morning person, so I don't see myself ever enjoying having to wake up to an alarm...
Blessings.











2 comments:
I take the same medication until I’m nearly 30 weeks pregnant with my previous pregnancies. You’re not alone!
Emily v.
Good to know! Maybe I'll try again in a few weeks... :P I just hate throwing up so much and it's so painful when you're pregnant. I always seem to be surrounded by people who never felt very sick and just looove being pregnant it's soooo great! And I just feel like smacking them. haha. I know it could be much worse so I shouldn't complain. :)
Post a Comment