Cadence found a picture of a cardinal, "Pock! Pock!" Translation: Peck! Peck! He's still hanging out in our yard.... we'll see if he attacks our windows again in the spring.
The older girls happily worked on making Valentines. Somehow they used up all of the stickers on the first two....The day before V-day we delivered some Valentine's in person to Grandma and Pearl. And played with the creepy little red riding hood/grandma/wolf doll.
Cadence was not too sure about some of the toys, but Grandma gave her fruit snacks so...
Then they ate probably half a bag of M and M's at Pearl's. So spoiled.
I haven't taken the girls swimming at all this winter; mostly because mornings are hard and if we go to the kids swim times, Cecily misses out. So our next stop was the pool for an hour or so of open swim. They were not happy to be leaving... but it was time to get home for supper.
We were invited to Jenni and Summer's house for lunch on Valentine's day. Emmy chose this outfit specifically for Valentine's day. Hehe. I did not teach her how to pose.
After school we delivered some more Valentine's and ate spaghetti, strawberries, pink applesauce, and pink lemonade for supper.
The school Valentine party was on Friday. They decorated these cute bags and she brought home lots of cards (and candy! Kids these days... we were lucky to get maybe one sucker from the only child with overachieving parents... this year practically everyone except us sent candy!).
So since I'm due like a week after our ten year anniversary... same as our five year... we will not be taking any anniversary trips. Boo. And of course I didn't really think about that until it was too late to plan anything earlier (not that I would have been feeling well enough anyway). Instead, we took a short trip to Champaign on a whim because it was close and there might be something to do there... but then I had a terrible cold so that ruled out any musical events (Don't want to be the disruptive person blowing their nose in the middle of the U of I symphony orchestra), and Bob wasn't feeling all that well... *sigh* So we chilled at the iHotel, ate steak at the Ribeye, went to the Krannert art museum, shopped a little and mostly just enjoyed the quiet. It was too cold to want to wander around campus (and Bob said we look too old to blend in with the students... mur...) but it's always good to be back at U of I.
The girls stayed at the farm Sunday night. They must have had fun because when we walked in to pick them up the next day, Emmy saw us and said "No!" and ran off. Ha. They informed us before we left that we needed to bring them home a present. So they got these fun pens that I remember from my childhood with multiple ink color options. They were pleased.
Last Tuesday was a big day. I had a doctor appointment in the morning, then we went to Chik-fil-a, got groceries, and in the evening I got to eat out with the W-ton girls. Good times.
Oh Emmy. This is her favorite catalog and she can do all the poses. Hehe.
We went to the grade school open house. Woot. It was nice, but man, it takes a lot of work to get there and I'm not really sure it was worth it. I guess we got to see Cecily's room again and talk to her teacher briefly, but... yeah. I'm a terrible parent.
This weekend there were testimonies and baptisms but otherwise it was pretty quiet, which I love.
Blessings.









No comments:
Post a Comment