Hooray for some warmer weather finally! I personally don't think it's quite warm enough to play with water outside, but I am outnumbered. They've been very busy making stews and things.
So I have a love-hate relationship with the honeysuckle vines growing on our fence. On the one hand, they provide great privacy from the cemetery and the flowers are lovely; on the other hand they hide all sorts of nasty vine-y weeds and volunteer trees and were horrendously overgrown. It didn't help that the cemetery side got no maintenance whatsoever....they mow, that's it. This picture was from a few weeks ago and is what we look at all winter.
We've tried to trim them back before but it's just been too big of a job, so we hired it out finally. It took two people half a day to cut them all back... and they filled this trailer completely full. I'm really glad I talked Bob out of burning them off the fence... haha... The fence looks so empty! And there is actually room to walk between the fence and the shed! So weird. We'll see if the vines come back healthier this spring, or if this is our new view. Either way, it's probably an improvement.
They found some ants. And were "helping them." With water. Yeah.
Poor girl came running into the house one afternoon with blood dripping down her finger. She cut it on the swing-set somehow. Doctor McStuffins bandaids made it all better.
"Blanky yike outside." Um... no. How about Blanky watches you from the window? "Ok."
There are flowers blooming!! And they have discovered them... #noblossomleftbehind
Bob and I went to communion last Saturday evening. I realized a little too late that it was the same day as W-ton's. Soooo.... I had to find an actual babysitter, which I hardly know how to do. We ended up with Kate, who the girls loved and were very sad when we came home. It's too bad we so rarely do anything that requires a babysitter, because they definitely want her to come back.
Sunday evening was the Easter program... and it had snowed. Yay. (Not.) So we had to do tights again... ugh... and I had to scramble a little to find actual shoes that weren't black and were dressy enough for Easter dresses. It didn't end up being that difficult, we pretty much have one of every type of shoe in every size up to 13 now... ha. And a spreadsheet to keep track of it all... because I can't help myself. I hated to match my sister, but I love it that they want to match for some reason. It was a good winter project and so fun on my new sewing machine. Aren't they so cute?
And then there's the squirrel-y one. "Eh-cess home!!"
The sandbox was finally dry enough! When it's wet it seems to stain their clothes and they bring more into the house with them.
Emmy got her eyes checked for school one afternoon... and this little goose had to get out of the sandbox because she was trying to eat sand.
I've finally hit my due-month. Woot. Don't get me started on due dates... it's an estimate... nothing more.... and yes, my midwives will 'let me go that long'... I'm sorry if your doctor pushed you to have your baby too early based on an arbitrary date pulled out of thin air, but there is nothing bad about going to 40 plus weeks. I mean, it's no secret that I despise being pregnant, but even so, it's almost always better to let nature take its course. And before I stop being all crunchy-granola about birth- you can all say it with me: my body knows how to give birth; my baby knows how to be born. Ha. Anyways..... These two goofballs are pretty good with the doctors office routine by now...
Cecily got out of school early today so we all ate lunch at Chik-fil-a. "Me yuv Chik-a-lay!" Then we did the quick chat with the midwife and came home. Our neighbor brought over some Easter treats for the girls, including these super cool sugar cookies. They came with food coloring 'paint' so they could decorate the eggs themselves.
They tasted really good too.
We celebrated Passover at supper. Even more loosely than previous years because I'm tired. And my pelvis is trying to fall apart and I ache. The girls are mostly in it for the deviled eggs, watermelon, and grape juice. Oh, and they love eating off of china.
Not this one. I don't trust her... hehe.
So now we take a deep breath and get ready for Easter weekend...
Blessings.


















No comments:
Post a Comment