Saturday, July 18, 2020

Cadence is four! and the 4th of July

Once again I have fallen behind.  We had a two week stretch of morning swimming lessons which is somehow exhausting even though I only sit and watch.  And it throws off my very loose daily schedule so... there's my excuse.  I shall endeavor to catch up.
We have the best library- they've been making take home craft kits for pick up, which is both amazing and awful at the same time. (so. many. crafts. That we couldn't possibly get rid of. Ever.)  This particular craft was a toilet paper tube octopus.
 One afternoon we had our very own ballet!  There were costumes and "live" music from the piano app on the tablet.  :)
 I was working outside while Miriel was napping, I walked in the door to this- who is watching you, little girl?!   
 Cadence's birthday was on Monday.  I went fairly simple with her cake since she originally requested a cake with "all the paw patrol and all the dragons."  The balloons were kind of fun to make out of unflavored gelatin.  It smelled really bad when it was warm, thankfully not when they had cooled and dried.
 I tried to make the frosting look like clouds in the sky.  Not sure if this is successful or just messy looking. :)
 She was very pleased.
 The older two started swimming lessons that morning so the poor kid had to sit by the pool on her birthday.  I let her take the tablet along to soften the blow.  
 We came home for lunch and they all wanted her to open her presents.
 Then we spent the afternoon at Lake Day so she got to swim too.  She chose frozen pizza for supper, with crumb-y noodles.  Strange combo, but whatever.  Happy Birthday Cadence Mae!
It was my turn to host sewing club so getting ready for that took up most of Tuesday.  We had a decent turnout, and I mostly got over my nervousness about hosting something post quarantine.  

Michelle's and Jake's were all planning to be in Illinois over the 4th of July weekend so it was dubbed the mini-Wyss vacation and we went to the farm two days in a row.  Miriel and Aurelia seemed happy to see each other. :)  
 Swimming!  
 Emmy was kind enough to share the big ducky with Liezel.  
 Bob, of course, thought they might enjoy a siphoning lesson.  
 We celebrated Cadence's birthday.
 She even got a tiny cake with trick candles!
 We got home pretty late that night, but since it was dark we got to see lots of fireworks!  
Miri's hair almost matches Cadence's new Rapunzel hair headband.  :D
 The 4th was sunny and hot and Dad was combining wheat.  So we all went out to the field for rides... and patriotic pictures.  
Gold was just a windy Kansas Illinois wheat field,
Blue was just a Kansas Illinois summer sky


 Waiting so very patiently.  Or something.  
 This would be sweet, but I'm pretty sure they were trying to be the first in line to get on the combine...
 Haha.
 Karaoke on the patio.  
And then we went home and there were no fireworks and the girls were tired grumpy messes. woot. :P  
Blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love:)