Friday, September 03, 2021

It was always burning, since the world's been turning

I feel like I've been fighting a total lack of motivation lately.  I'm getting the bare minimum done, but I have no desire to do anything else.  And I have so many unfinished projects and no energy.  Hopefully cooler weather helps.  And hopefully the nausea will decrease soon.  The very optimistic OB tells me most people feel better by 12-13 weeks and I just want to say (in my best Les Mis Gavroche voice of course) "Liar!" A month later than that and I'm still relying on nausea meds to keep me at a level of coping.   I am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.  Anyway.

It was the first day of school!!  Awwww.  They're getting so grown up. Sniff. Sob.  haha. 

Cadence was excited for Kindergarten and so far she likes it.  The first day she was disappointed that she wasn't going to get to eat lunch at school, but she got over it pretty fast. :)  

We made it through the first three days and then had no plans for Saturday... I thought.  haha.  Apparently we had gotten left off of the emails to schedule potluck and so we didn't know about it and I was very confused when they wanted to know if we were still coming.  :P Oops. I mean, we are pretty forgettable.  

Sunday evening we went to a cookout with the Lake Day people.  The girls spent most of the evening in the water and Bob fished and Miri was being her usual barnacle.


They just put in fiber internet in town, and it is cheaper and faster than what we had previously.  (woot woot)  Getting it installed required Bob to move all of his work electronics out of the way and it meant I could CLEAN this corner of the house really well for the first time in 1.5 years.  It was very exciting and Bob was basically a kid in a candy store- 'look at the upload speed!' 'have you ever seen such a low wireless ping?!'  Haha. 

Ok, so I have a slightly dark sense of humor... but this cracked me up and made me laugh all day.  Spelling errors are great.  The kindergarten has a daily "mourning routine." I'm just imagining the possibilities- what sorts of mourning are they learning about? Victorian? Viking? Ancient Hebraic dust and ashes? :D 
Some days when you don't feel good but you still want to feel halfway like you're accomplishing something you sit like a lump on the couch and work on a miniature dollhouse quilt (Tiny hexagons are so cute!!).  And Miri thinks the ipod is her 'se-phone.' For 'moo-sick.'
Emmy is getting pretty good at this pie business.  We have lots of raspberries this year so we made a strawberry-raspberry pie.  Also, it's always good to have an excuse to quote Grandpa Schlipf- "I don't like hot pie, it melts my ice cream!"

Sunday I had a really rough day, culminating in an incident that will be funny... someday.  (ok, parts of it are funny now.) Apologizes if you are weak stomached.   I felt awful all day and nothing helped.  So when I changed Miri's diaper late that evening it sent me over the edge. I dropped her in bed and headed for the bathroom, except, Cecily was in the bathroom.  Cecily is absolutely terrified of throwing up... she will start edging away from someone who is coughing hard, just in case. So I dithered for a second debating if I could make it to the kitchen sink.  Nope.  Not only did I make Cecily jump halfway out of her skin, it was too late.  I had to clean up the hallway, the door, the bathroom sink, everything.  It was awful.  And poor Cecily was cowering in the bathtub with her nightgown over her nose completely freaking out.  :D  (her reaction was the only funny part.)  It's fairly safe to say that she's never going to have kids.  Also, I hate being pregnant.

Monday the girls got to go back to tumbling again, which they love.   

If she takes a nap she's up until after I want to be in bed.  If she doesn't take a nap she falls asleep in her plate.  :D 

Emmy is my little chef. She thought we needed cookie bars so she made some, mostly by herself.  Grandma Marjorie would have enjoyed Emmy Marjorie very much- I use Grandma's canisters; "Grandma Marjorie had really stylish things!"  haha.  Also, tis the season when I have no available counter space.   
Cadence is still learning to make box mac-n-cheese.  :)
"I fishing. Hat." 

 Emmy and her friend have the same dress and they planned to wear them today.  :D  They have the same shoes too. 

I caught myself singing along to "We didn't start the fire! It was always burning, since the world's been turning..." at the grocery store (I'm officially old!).  Maybe the only reason to be glad we have to wear masks again- no one can see me.  But that song brings back so many memories- it became something of an unofficial class anthem in HS and we featured it in our ACS class project, and given current events it's still relevant.  It made me feel really old, though, to realize that ACS was 20 years ago.  Yikes.  

Otherwise, it's been pretty quiet around here.  Getting up early means I usually need a nap and I haven't been making plans since the girls need some time to adjust to school without a lot of other things going on.  I have lots of green tomatoes that I'm waiting on to turn red so I can finish making sauce but the rest of the garden is pretty much done.  

Blessings.

2 comments:

sarah said...

Congrats!! Sorry you're feeling so icky though. That's no fun:(

Jenny said...

I'm hoping it eases up soon... it has in the past... hopefully... haha. :P I shouldn't complain though, I think my body would absolutely rebel against pregnancy in a tropical climate and you rocked it!