Saturday, November 27, 2021

1000

 Blogger tells me that  this is my One Thousandth post!  Crazy.  Congrats to anybody who has read all of them.... :P  Probably only me. :D  I can't imagine why anybody would want to read all of my rambling and complaining and soap-boxing and look at pictures of my strange adorable kids.  :D

Anyway.

I don't know what to post for the 1000th time... so here are some mediocre pictures of Bilbo and Frodo's Study.  It's another miniature in a clock that I finished a few months ago.  It was harder to take pictures of, my camera did not want to focus at all, and for some reason I'm not as in love with it as with my original Hobbit hole so I never got around to sharing.  :)  It's still pretty cool, really.  

Welcome to the study at Bag End.
There's a roaring fire laid on the hearth... Sting is prominently displayed underneath portraits of Bilbo's parents (good old Bungo and Belladonna...hehe) 
Since the study has a convenient door to the garden, there's a cozy settle for putting on shoes and cloaks. Of course, it's also a great place to stash books and papers and maps. 

Fresh flowers on the desk, plenty of quills, paper, a pipe handy (and a barrel of long bottom leaf nearby), second breakfast ready... the one ring close at hand, what more could a hobbit want? 

 This fancy chair looks like it may have come from Rivendell and the elves.  :) 

Also, there are plenty of pocket handkerchiefs. 
Looking in from the window.
Such a cozy (but blurry- sorry) scene. 
Obviously, you should come see it in person.  :D  It's so much better in person. 

Blessings.

No comments: