Wednesday, November 30, 2022

All is safely gathered in

Little brother is mobile now and can scoot around and play with sister. 😋  Sister is not always impressed.  Also, sister was trying to put the baby to bed and he was not quiet enough and needed to be shushed repeatedly. 😂 Poor Perrin.
 
We learned about chemical change in Chemistry, so I took the creamer from the tea set to class and polished off the tarnish (silver sulfide) with a different chemical reaction.  Of course, it looked so shiny next to the other pieces at home that I had to clean them too.  (Really hot water, baking soda, tinfoil touching the tarnished silver- you're welcome.)
Little buddy wants to explore and doesn't appreciate being removed from the myriad hidden dangers in my messy craft/sewing stash.
We got to hang out with Tirzah and Griffin during the Madrigal dinner. :) 
The library had an American Girl doll day and I had four very excited girls with five dolls, and one Perrin just along for the ride.
It was really fun!  Crafts for both the dolls and girls.
A bag to keep it all in.
Cupcakes and lemonade, and a spot for pictures.  😊 Such fun.
Bob invited Dang over that evening and he got roped into helping with the latest duplo creation.
 
 
The three older girls got to go play with legos at the library one afternoon; the two little ones got to play, and I got to look for books.
  
Somebody can reach all of his blankets...


I don't remember why Miriel thought she needed a bandaid under her nose, but it looked hilarious. 
Who needs dolls when you have a little brother??
 
 
It snowed a little bit and Daddy brought some inside.  :)  
 
 
Miriel woke up sick in the middle of the night.... all over her bed.  Twice, before I thought to give her a bucket.  Which she used with great success for the duration of her illness (hallelujah!). Anyway, it was a miserable night because Perrin was up multiple times too.  One of the times I was cleaning Miri up I heard a crashing noise... I thought it was outside or something and anyway, Miri was more important. But it woke Bob up and he found this mess in the basement. *sigh* Apparently there was too much weight on the clothes rack and it collapsed.  Emmy and Cadence were 'being detectives' and investigating like Encyclopedia Brown.  
 
Thankfully Miri wasn't sick for more than a day, and no one else got it. (Although certain children were so worried about getting sick they practically made themselves sick.)
 Perrin has a hoodie. 
They have been learning all kinds about the Pilgrims and this is the Mayflower.  Perrin was too busy sweeping to come along.  
Aaron got a button buck at Firefly woods and brought it by to show us! The girls were neither impressed nor repulsed, so I guess that's good.  😀

Perrin is surrounded by the Sugar Plum Fairy, Clara, and a mouse.  He has no idea what is going on, but he is there. for. it. Hehe.
I mean, I write like this all the time... ha.
So I am/was still chipping away at the spring cleaning list. I probably won't get much more done because December is so busy; it'll keep til spring.  I did put the girls to work cleaning kitchen cabinets and washing walls.  "Why do we always have to work on our days off school?"  "Why do we have so many cans of beans?"
We were supposed to take pie to Thanksgiving and Emmy decided she was making it all by herself.  I cut the apples, but most of the rest of it was all her, and it turned out great.
She really likes the pie bird. 😋
We went to W-ton for church- Perrin's first visit, which is kind of sad, really.  Then we changed clothes at the farm and went to Paul and Jean's for the rest of the day. Other than good food, there were crafts and cousins ('Liezel's my best friend!).
Toys!
And good conversation- I had the girls write down some questions to ask Grandma and Pearline... Cecily: so we know them better and it will be sad when they die?   Um.... yes? haha.  They weren't exactly hard hitting questions, "what's your favorite color?" But, "what pranks did your brothers play on you?" brought up some funny stories.  :D 
I weaseled my way into some quartet singing, which was fun even though we didn't sing any Thanksgiving songs.
Uncle Paul got in some grandpa practice.  :P 
And of course there were games.
Good times.
On the day after Thanksgiving we clean and put up Christmas decorations! There's always great rejoicing from them and not a whole lot of patience from me... there was minimal arguing this year though, and Miri was soooo excited. 
Hooray for nice days to decorate the front porch.
What are you making me wear now?  hehe.  Little Illini beanie from Bob's cousin... 😁
I'm excited for Christmas this year.  Although, with 2/7 currently under the weather it might be interesting.... it can't be as bad as last year though.  Lord willing.  😬😜
Blessings.

No comments: