Saturday, July 29, 2023

Green Dragon/ Eagle and Child... in a clock

You can drink your fancy ales,
You can drink them by the flagon,
But the only brew for the brave and true...
..Comes from the Green Dragon!
"
So my beloved brother (who must think I've nothing better to do and all the time in the world...) gave me an empty clock case a year or two(ish?) ago. His suggestion was that I make it into the Green Dragon Tavern from The Hobbit.    
Which sounded like fun.
And then I started looking up pictures of English pubs, and reading about the Inklings (J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Et Al) who used to meet weekly at the Eagle and Child Pub in Oxford England. 
So I kind of made it into both. 
When you open the door, the right side has more of a Hobbit-y feel, with Southfarthing Cider and Ale on tap.
To the left is the Rabbit Room with pictures of Tolkien, Lewis, and a document signed by the Inklings. 
It's quite a cozy little pub.
A miniature copy of 'The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe' on the chair.
Framed maps of the Shire and Narnia on the walls.
There's a bench to enjoy some long bottom leaf outside in the sunshine.
Or inside.  😉
A miniature copy of the Hobbit on the table in the Rabbit Room.
'If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.'
It feels kind of bare to me compared to my other mini hobbit holes, but I'm not sure that pubs are quite as cluttered as hobbit holes.  I'll take suggestions on missing elements!  

What I probably don't need is anymore clocks.  😜😁😂 It's turning into a veritable village and I don't really have room. ha.  Watch, I'll see another one and have a great idea to fill it....



Blessings.

No comments: