One of the first places we drove our new, freshly detailed and carpet shampooed van was to the field for combine rides... (Bob took it to Restmor the next Sunday and they could hear corn stalks dragging underneath...)

"I'm a farmer! Why do farmers look like this?"
The older three wanted to run to the farm. :)

We didn't have school because of parent teacher conferences, so we picked up lunch and ate at a park. Certain of the children were scared of the geese that were getting a little bit too close for comfort. 😜


And I made the older girls spring summer fall clean their bedroom. It was a painful process- the have so. many. precious. things.
One more wiener roast. Perrin kept bringing me hedge balls.


I took Perrin and Miri on a walk at Firefly woods.
It was lovely. When the leaves fall you can see down the bluff to the valley.
We spent an afternoon picking pumpkins.
And looking at animals. 'Oh! Sheeps!'
'Oh! Chicken!'
Also, someone can open the fridge and the drawer with straws and takes full advantage.
We spent an afternoon picking pumpkins.
And looking at animals. 'Oh! Sheeps!'
'Oh! Chicken!'
Also, someone can open the fridge and the drawer with straws and takes full advantage.
More chalk art.
I celebrated Mole Day with my Chemistry students. :D We sang Mole Day Carols and the looks on their faces when they realized I was serious.... hehe. We have snacks too, and Lana brought in these adorable mole cookies.
Some of the girls wanted to carve pumpkins. Somehow I end up doing most of the work.

Shooting stars, happy face, tractor, kitty cat, Olaf.
Middle School had theme days for spirit week, neither girl was excited to participate but Cecily was J.R.R Tolkien for celebrity day. 😂
Apple cider donut cake calls for a tea party.
Mr. Buster Brown was all about the apple cider. We always love a reason pull out the teapot and tea cups. :)
I got to go to 5th grade pumpkin carving with Emmy. She didn't do any carving, just decorating.

Her four trick-or-treaters and tiny candy bucket turned out super cute.
We took three Queens of Narnia trick-or-treating. Queen Susan, The White Witch, and Queen Lucy were quite excited.Cecily just finished the Wheel of Time books and wanted to be a Green Ajah Aes Sedai.
Perrin was supposed to be her warder bodygaurd, but he did not want anything to do with his costume or pictures.
Until we gave him chocolate... "cheeeeeese."
We went to a few friends and two streets before they got too cold.
Lots of leaf piles lately.
Rachel found this shirt at the local thrift store and thought I might like it. :D The girls neeeeeded to try it on.
It's hard to practice piano when somebody is driving monster trucks right next to you. 😋
Cadence had a short dentist appointment on election day. Cecily and Emmy were hanging out with Lincoln and Gwen so Miri and Perrin and I were very loud in the waiting room. I also didn't feel like fighting about footwear before we left, obviously... ha.
We almost didn't bring Mr. Perrin to the HarvestCall family night, but he actually helped fill shoe boxes and was fairly well behaved. Until the snack, when he dumped over a glass of water and started tearing around like crazy. Miri knotted comforters like an old pro with me, and the other girls had lots of fun.
They've been very industriously moving leaves around, but they never want to help when I'm actually removing leaves... of course. 😋
Blessings.




































No comments:
Post a Comment