When I go so long between blog posts, I forget things. Oh well. I'm getting old and my memory is slipping already.
We didn't have much of a pool for a while. I think we maxed out the turtle. 😄
Turkey Fest weekend was busy. We ate turkey twice and Cecily and I did our civic duty and made sandwiches. We only took three kids to the parade.The other two wanted to march in the band, which I love. Emmy carried the banner with a friend, Cecily played her flute.Perrin was excited to see a green tractor. The ratio of green to red tractors is far too small. 😋Perrin and I tagged along to the woods one evening during VBS. Bob wanted to mow a few spots and Perrin wanted to visit 'his' landing. It requires a bit of bushwhacking this time of year, but it's worth it. It's not a problem. I can quit. haha. Actually, between finding a few last antique fixtures and taking advantage of Memorial day sales, I have enough decorative fixtures for the new house so I have to stop collecting. 😕Swimming lessons always start off chilly and by the end of two weeks we're baking on the pool deck. I only had to take two kids this year- the older two watched Perrin at home and it was So.Nice.We picked wild black raspberries and made jam, which I love. And made another trip to the creek.I ran out of canned tomato sauce. Last fall when I was tired of canning and had run out of jars I put several bags of whole tomatoes in the freezer to deal with later... fully intending to make sauce out of them. Well..... now it's June and much later and I finally made more tomato sauce. Eight more quarts worth. 😆We heard that the price of Anderson windows was going up at the end of June so we needed to order them asap. I took all of the kids along with me to the showroom, which also had a bunch of doors set up in a circle. (It's a house! Lets open them all! and then slam them and pinch fingers and run around and be loud.... sigh) This was an exciting day! We have a well! It's 183' deep and pumps at 30 gal/min. It was blazing hot that afternoon and you can't really see much so we didn't stick around very long, but it looked like David was working hard.Bob and Collin planned an activity night for their Sunday school class on one of the hottest, most humid days of the year. First activity- build a boat out of cardboard to race across the pond.The three teams had very different approaches.Lynelle and I both though Bob and Collin's design was going to do the best. It was definitely the most engineered.Finished products. They voted that Collin had to race Cecily and Jared. Cecily's boat got her across the lake totally dry, Jared's wasn't buoyant enough and was dead in the water, Collin started off strong and then slowly started to sit lower and lower in the water until he was swimming. It was great. 😆
They also played water balloon battleship over the propane tank, water balloon 500, and most of them jumped in the pond with their clothes on. Then we ate supper inside, and played four on the couch. They didn't seem to mind the heat, and said they had fun. :)
Uncle Ed and Aunt Peggy were in town from CA and we met up with everyone for an indoor picnic. It was too hot to want to be outside. We celebrated Cadence and Logan's birthdays while we were together.
Hot afternoon story walk.And then Pinky's. The cones were a mistake because they melted so fast in the heat the girls couldn't keep up. It was a sticky mess.Buster brown grudgingly used a spoon.We celebrated Cadence's birthday a few days early because we were planning to be on vacation on the actual day. She didn't have a strong opinion on her cake, so we decided on Stardew Valley because that is what she begs to play on the computer all day every day. 😜Nine years old. Already. She was pretty gracious sharing her new axolotl kinetic sand. First he didn't want me to put anything in his 'cation bag, then he was mad he had to sleep and not leave right away. Three is... fun.Blessings.

























No comments:
Post a Comment