O Star (the fairest one in sight),

We grant your loftiness the right
To some obscurity of cloud --
It will no do to say of night,
Since dark is what brings out your light.
Some mystery becomes the proud.
But to be wholly taciturn
In your reserve is not allowed.
To some obscurity of cloud --
It will no do to say of night,
Since dark is what brings out your light.
Some mystery becomes the proud.
But to be wholly taciturn
In your reserve is not allowed.

Say something to us we can learn
By heart and when alone repeat.
Say something! And it says ``I burn.''

But say with what degree of heat.
Talk Fahrenheit, talk Centigrade.
Use language we can comprehend.
Tell us what elements you blend.
It gives us strangely little aid,
But does tell something in the end.

And steadfast as Keats' Eremite,
Not even stooping from its sphere,
It asks little of us here.
It asks of us a certain height,
So when at times the mob is swayed
To carry praise of blame too far,
We may choose something like a star
To stay our minds on and be staid.
-- Robert Frost

I had a wonderful weekend. I'm so sad it's over!
Thanks, Meg and Kaitlyn and Jodi for staying with us- it's so fun to have company.
If you could vaporize one member of your immediate family, who would you vaporize? (Don't ask, it's what I get for catching rides with my neighbors.)
I used my last stamp writing letters to my little cousins. Their letters are so cute, makes me wish I had nieces and nephews. Hm... maybe my dumb brother who didn't come this weekend should get on that. :)
Thanks, Meg and Kaitlyn and Jodi for staying with us- it's so fun to have company.
If you could vaporize one member of your immediate family, who would you vaporize? (Don't ask, it's what I get for catching rides with my neighbors.)
I used my last stamp writing letters to my little cousins. Their letters are so cute, makes me wish I had nieces and nephews. Hm... maybe my dumb brother who didn't come this weekend should get on that. :)
4 comments:
jenny, thank you so much for hosting us! it was LOADS of fun, though we didn't spend much time there. thank you for the use of your beds and showers and towels and blankets and roof and for making us food. love you dear!
zmlkn- sleeping while you milk a cow
Nice pictures.
I've got a couple of nieces and nephews you could borrow for awhile if you want. ;)
Your nieces and nephews that I know are practically my age...not nearly as much fun, Luke. :)
Post a Comment