Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A Daring Rescue

Once upon a time, far far away at the Frying Pan, Kat-arina had just gotten back from her trip to Mexico. She was busy unpacking, and Jenny was busy brushing her teeth in the bathroom. Suddenly a piercing scream broke the stillness of the night. "Kat-arina, come in here quick," a very rattled Jenny yelled.
Kat-arina came running in, saying, "What's wrong Jenny?"

Their peaceful domain had been infiltrated by pure evil. Pointing at the HUGE, quarter sized spider that was trying to blend into the white shower curtain, Jenny yelled "Kill it!!"
"With what," asked Kat-arina, "I don't want to get guts all over the shower curtain!"
"Well, I'm not touching it," said Jenny. "What are we going to do?? I know, lets go get one of the guys!"
So the brave Kat-arina went to yell out the window towards 711 for help, while Jenny stayed to watch the spider. Fortunately for these two damsels in distress, Super Bubs the Spider Slayer was passing through at that very moment. He quickly assessed the situation and made short work of the evil spider. Kat-arina and Jenny showered him with thanks for his daring rescue as they cleaned spider parts off the shower curtain. As he disappeared into the night, Kat-arina was pretty sure she heard him say, "Wherever I'm needed, I'll be there.......hehe...Crazy girls, afraid of a spider."

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice poetic touch

Anonymous said...

haha i heart my dramatic friend... :-)

Anon said...

ohmygoodness! You poor girl...having to deal with a spider!
That sounds very much so like how I'd react--except that you didn't say you ran while you yelled "Kill it!"

I'm thankful there was a hero there to rescue you ladies!

Me said...

Ladies,

I don't get the unreasonsable fear a little spider. I mean, for example, Dona does indeed freak out when she sees a spider in my house but she is not afraid to beat on me with out mercy (until I kill it) but she refuses to step on a spider.

Ok, I really need to goto bed now.

taryn said...

Jenny, I LOVE that story. If I were in it, I'd play the part of "Jenny" because I freak out royally, too, whenever I see spiders. I can't deal with them.

T

Luke said...

I laughed!

Not at your peril, of course...I mean...well...maybe a little, but mostly at the tone of the story...yeah...I'm going to go now.

Anon said...

I do not beat on Tom. Ever.

Ash-I'm not so sure about the vacuum thing. My Dad told me once that they can get back out if you just use the hose... I'm not sure if he was telling the truth or just teasing me. Either way, I don't do the vacuum 'em up thing anymore.

Jenny-it was really good to see you in Champaign last weekend! Are you coming back to KS anytime soon?

Jenny said...

Fear of spiders is not unreasonable Tom. They are so icky. I'm always afraid if they are on the ceiling that they will fall on me.

Thanks girls for the moral support. :)

And Luke, I'm glad we have nice, sympathetic guys living next door.

Anonymous said...

is jenny coming back to KS anytime soon.... is that a rhetorical questions???? she practically lives there.

Jenny said...

Whatever Gab. :)

Um..the earliest I could even consider coming would be next year. :P

Scott even invited me and Matt to the christmas party and I can't come.

Luke said...

Scott's not the only one who invited you to the Christmas party if I remember correctly.

Sheesh..


*goes and pouts while feeling ignored*

Anon said...

You're not coming to the Christmas party?!?

Me said...

I admit, Spiders are kinda freaky critters, but they are easy to kill too. Course, if they bite you ....