Monday, July 17, 2006

I'm tired of living out of my duffel bag

Saturday night I went to the Tremont invite. It was very hot, but enjoyable. (For all of you who think I don't do anything with Washington anymore- Washington was invited, it was on the calendar, therefore it was a W-ton thing. And only 7 of us showed up- I want to know where every one else was!)

I left a little early because Gab and I were planning on leaving for Cissna at 10 pm. We didn't actually leave Morton until after 10:30 because the dog got out, and we had to wait for her to come home. So we showed up at Bek's a little before 1 am.

Church was very full! Gretchen was gorgeous, of course, and her bridesmaid's dresses were very cool. I can now say I have been to a 4 hour wedding reception, and worked for most of it. Definitely better than standing in line! The best part was getting to see everybody again, specially Karen. And I got the privilege to work with and talk to Joanna for a long time. :)

I forgot that I had left my bag in the car in the heat all day, so I had a mess to clean up when I got home. My deodorant and my perfume both exploded, thankfully just inside my toiletry bag and not on my clothes. But my hair stuff and favorite headcovering all had a thin film of deodorant and denatured alcohol all over them. Ick. I also have a very warped perfume bottle.

I did have to laugh when he asked Gretch to promise to submit....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

my deodorant melted too...but if you set it upright and let it cool it'll firm up and you can still use it. :-) (not that i've done this)

gretch- submit was a gag.

Luke said...

This Washingtonite was at Single Focus Weekend listening to some awesome speakers and cruising on the Spirit of Peoria.

Mike said...

Thanks for seeing and talking to me Jenny Wyss! :(

Jenny said...

Gab, pretty much there wasn't anything left to solidify! 8| O well.

Luke, yeah I know you have a good reason when you aren't there. Glad it was a good nite.

Mike, I saw you for 2 seconds-that's barely long enough for it to count. and I'll see you tomorrow remember?

Heidi said...

I was at work Saturday night. Trust me, I would have much rather been about anywhere else.
I hate when deodorant melts. It makes your bag smell weird.

Luke said...

I've thought about it for awhile now, and I've come to the conclusion that "I am also tired of living out of your duffel bag"


Or maybe I'm just tired...oh well.

Matthew said...

It seems like it would be a little cramped to live in a duffel bag.