Monday, August 28, 2006

Hot and sticky

Ick. I don't like this weather.

So I spent most of the weekend in Elgin. It was a lot of fun and I'm so glad I went. It was a good excuse to visit Amanda and hang out with all the fun people in the Elgin yg. The wedding was good too. It was kind of weird though, brought back a lot of random memories. Like how when I was in kindergarten and I rode the bus to congerville with the triplets; they taught me different words to lots of Christmas carols. I don't know if mom has forgiven them yet for turning 'Joy to the World' into Joy to the world the teacher's dead.... :) Going to the Zoo with Jaclyn's family when I was in gradeschool. Band with Travis in High school. Visiting Kellenbergers in Elgin the Sunday Jaclyn started repenting. Time flies. :) And I got to see Warren- it's been a long time so that was good.


I should start out the year right and hit the books. But I just don't want too. Plus I went to the Eureka library booksale and got a bag of books for $2. I was pretty excited. And I borrowed the next WOT book. So I'll probably spend too much time reading that and not enough doing homework. :) So anyway.

Blessings.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I hear lots of comments about great people from pretty much everywhere but Washington. Are you holding a grudge cause I haven't visited you yet?

Jenny said...

Everyone already knows how great Washington people are already! It doesn't need to be reiterated. :)

Would holding a grudge make you come visit sooner?

Anonymous said...

come visit washington:P

Old Farmer said...

Did you get me any good books?
I like books too.

Jenny said...

Well, if you like picture cookbooks, I got four of those. And some short stories. And the loon feather. A brave new world, the ugly american, Freckle's, two georgette heyer books, and some others. :)