Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Summer time, and the livin is easy...

And it's over. School starts tomorrow. *sigh* Not very excited about the studying. But at least I had a really fun week! I finished my project at work, so I had almost nothing to do. I read books, including my favorite book of the summer, C.S. Lewis' The Great divorce.

Saturday I went shopping with my sister and got stuff. And then I packed up to move back to Chambana. Jakey didn't want to hang out with me so my entire evening was ruined. ;)

We got up early Sunday and went to Champaign church for the new student welcome. It was good...I've almost been in Champaign more times this summer than Washington. I got to show the fam the house...my new room...how filthy the kitchen was. The picnic was a whole lot less awkward this year, it's nice not to be new.

Gab and Meg and I left after supper for Oak Run. We got to hang out with Vinnie and Irene- good times. :) And I did something totally out of character....I actually shared a bed. With two girls. I barely survived.

We spent most of Monday, skiing (I actually got up!), jetskiing, and tubing (I claimed the prize for best wipe out of the year), and getting slightly sunburnt. I didn't drink enough water so I had a slightly unpleasant evening. :) Gab: you have to drink something. Me: I don't wanna! Gab: You have to! Drink it!

Finally spent the night in Champaign last night. Mom came down this morning to help clean the kitchen. It was horribly dirty. But since we had Ash and Chris and Amber helping it only took 3 hours. And it sparkles! We lysoled everything after we found the liquid onions and liquid potatoes. Ugh. Never again. At least we know why we had ants....

So I went and bought some books. And bought groceries because I had nothing to eat. And then I wasn't hungry for any of it so I just ate watermelon with the magazine salesmen. There was a singing at Mike, Josh, Cam, and Kyle's apartment in the ghetto. However, I was having a hard time not coveting their kitchen and humongous bathrooms. *sigh* It was good times.

I should go to bed tonight so I'm well rested for the first day of school. Or not. :)
Blessings.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Hey, hey, hey! THE GHETTO? It's nicer than our other place....maybe?!?! Well, about the big kitchen, you can come over and cook anytime you want...as long as I get to eat whatever you are cooking. Also, go to bed for school? It is 11:58 and I have homework and I am reading blogs! Thats terrible! Goodnight!

Matthew said...

mmmm first week of school. No work to do, so it is all fun times.

Heidi said...

Jenny, I am so proud of you for sharing a bed! And with 2 people! You totally deserve a reward! So, does this mean that when I come visit you that I have share your bed with you or are you gonna sleep on the floor? Hehe...I don't think we would both fit in your bed.

I miss you lots! It was just wasn't right to have church last night without you!

Jenny said...

I have a double bed this year...so we should fit! I hope so anyway.... :)

Aww I'm glad you miss me in W-ton. I will be honest and say I was glad to be back in Champaign for a wednesday. hehe.