Some observations:
- there's no one at Peoria Airport at 4 am
- take off is fine. landing hurts my ears
- San Francisco's 45 degree streets are kind of cool
- California architecture is refreshing
- Frisco is Foggy and cold
- Chopsticks aren't that bad
- Red wood trees are much bigger in real life
- There are a lot of cows in California
- never buy a Town and Country mini-van with stow-and-go seats... they are super uncomfortable and really hard to get in and out of
- Yosemite is really cool
- 15 minute weddings are great
- it really hurts when you drop a can of furniture polish on your foot
Anyway, we saw a lot of stuff. Went a lot of places. I think I liked Muir Woods and Yosemite the best. Or the amazing lobster bisque at Scoma's.
One highlight was touring China town with Matthew Schrenk and Dan Luthi. And of course Amy and Alan's wedding and reception was fun. (I didn't catch the bouquet, I made sure to be in the very back) And now I can add running through O'Hare to catch a connecting flight to my list of accomplishments. We made it. Our luggage didn't.
So we were there and back again...
Blessings.
4 comments:
Airports can be so frustrating. Our luggage didn't make it from O'Hare with us either.
Yes, keep up the propaganda to get people to visit northern California.
Dan and I got to Muir Woods on Wednesday, it had been a few years since I had been. Really amazing.
Running through O'Hare is a good thing to add to your list. :)
I'm glad you're back, even if it is only for 4 days.
You're leaving again?
Post a Comment