I'm sure you've been celebrating all day like I have. :)
Jakey is doing a project for his chem teacher at ICC where he has to take labs written for old equipment and rewrite them for the cool new stuff they have. Anyway, tonight we loaded the software on my lappy and were playing around with it a little bit. He brought home a bunch of fun equipment for titrations: an electric drop counter, a pH probe, and a buret. Soooo in honor of mole day (ok, maybe just because I'm a chem nerd) we set up a titration to figure out the molarity of household ammonia. Using vinegar. Because he didn't bring any chemicals home with him.
I could go through all of the calculations... but I won't. We did get a really great titration curve! If you're curious, based on using vinegar that is 5% acidity, the molarity of household ammonia (the lemon kind) is 3.54 M.
Well, I need to get some sleep tonight. If I can. Titrations are just so much fun.
Blessings.
There are a bunch of coyotes howling outside....
3 comments:
The only part of that story I liked was the howling coyotes! :) I'm not a big fan of Chem....
You make me grin.
I forgot about mole day...we don't celebrate things like in nursing school. We have things more along the lines of shot day, enema day, IV day, etc.
You should come over sometime and sing karaoke with us. :-)
Post a Comment