Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's so cold in Minnesota...

Actually it was warmer than here at home. Such a good weekend. Matt and I met up with Sarah, Kristin, Hannah, Leah, Sydney, Aaron, and Loren after work friday and headed up to Minneapolis. We stopped to pick up Natalie too... haven't seen her in ages, it was great! I caught up on sleep on the way up, but contrary to popular opinion I didn't sleep the whole way up. (I just wasn't taking part in the hospital talk up front) haha. A bunch of Purdue people came too, and it was good to get to know them.

Saturday morning we got to go snow tubing- so much fun. Very fun to watch other people do crazy stunts on their tubes. And dislocate their shoulders.... actually that looked pretty painful, but it was kind of his own fault, as was the cut and bleeding head one of the other guys got jumping in Dill's basement. Which led to Sarah's and my favorite quote of the weekend, "did you see his sweet gash? guess how we got it stopped- we had to tie his hair together!"

During the afternoon I skipped going to the Mall of America and went ice skating instead, which I love. Dewayne and LaRae went to a ton of work on supper- it was a mystery dinner- which was really cool. Then we sang and played games and then I was tired and went to bed. :)

We left Sunday after nursing home singing and driving around lost looking for some shoes... The roads were ok, but they were covered in salt slush. I was driving Hannah's van and it ran out of washer fluid.... and the salt was building up on the windshield so bad we couldn't see out. There were a few terrifying moments until we found a gas station and bought more washer fluid. I let Matt drive after that. We made it home around midnight.

I didn't have to work yesterday so I slept in and then spent the afternoon being amused by my grandparents hanging a curtain rod, and then I met amber for supper. It was a good day.
Blessings.

1 comment:

megs said...

sounds like a pretty adventurous weekend!! :)