Thursday, September 23, 2010

Water Woes

Bob called me Monday to tell me that we had a leaking pipe in the crawlspace... um..um... but, we're having people over on Tuesday! So, he shut the water off and called K and K. Who were in Indy. (And having a hard time getting home- what a Monday for them!) But they thought they'd make it back early enough to come look at it... so we got Subway for supper. I asked Bob if it could be tradition when we don't have water and he looked at me funny. He obviously didn't grow up in a third generation farm house with not up to code plumbing or electric and sharing utilities with the pigs.

Monday is laundry day and it desperately needed doing, so I went over to Bob's parent's after supper to borrow their washing machine and shower. It was after 9 when I got back and K and K had had more issues so.... still no water. Eventually, they decided to turn our water back on and just let it drip until morning. And it was fixed when I got home from work on Tuesday. Hooray for good landlords! And hooray for renting! I was not sad we didn't have to deal with it.

So thankfully we still got to have Luke & Heidi and Mike & Katie for supper Tuesday night. It was good to see them all again. And considering that we've been married over a year and hadn't had them over yet, it was about time. :) I didn't burn anything, so that was good. And we had plenty to drink.

Blessings.

No comments: