Friday, March 18, 2011

Green

And not for St Patrick's day... green for growing things! Last night some ladies (and men!) from church did a presentation called "Harvest of Gold." It was all about gardens and orchards and canning and freezing. Seriously, so great. I felt like I was back in Hort 106, only this was ten times more fun.

We learned all about when to plant vegetables, and how to prune fruit trees, and how to take care of tomatoes, and store produce.... and then they did canning and freezing demonstrations. I loved it. I'd never seen a pressure canner in use before, so that was interesting. I still don't think I'll ever use one, I'm afraid of pressure no matter how many safety features they have... I hate having to do pressurized reactions at work, scares me half to death.

So now I have my very own Ball Blue Book. It's actually kind of sad how excited I am/ was about all of this... Maybe it's just because it's March and I'm ready for spring and for things to be nice and green again, because when I'm doing green beans at 10pm in July I'm sure my enthusiasm will not be quite so high. *grin*

Blessings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How awesome! Did they do it at the fellowship hall? tape it? I would love to see their outline and info. Love, A.K.

Anonymous said...

PS Who were some of the presenters? I lived there and love to hear about my "old" friends!:)

The Kaiser Family said...

Jenny! What a nice post!! I'm so glad you enjoyed the evening - I know we all enjoyed doing it. I'm intrigued by the pressurized reactions you do at work...would love to know more about it. Hope to ask you at church sometime...or maybe you could post something about your work. I enjoy your blog!
Love,
Ruth