She left a lot of stuff. And see all those rolls of carpet and carpet pad? They reek. Kerry and Rustin spent most of Saturday morning scraping unglued carpet pad off the floors.... because they were saturated with animal urine. Ugh. SO nasty.
And then, to add insult to injury, while they were working on Saturday they discovered that the boiler for the radiators is kaput. (We had noticed that our upstairs was noticeably colder than downstairs, defying the laws of thermodynamics...) Bob and I have decided, K and K probably have too, that whoever designed and built the duplex had to have been on crack. The boiler is in the 4ft crawlspace under the house. There are only two small openings big enough for one person to get down there. They had to have built the house around it, which means replacing or repairing it is going to be awful. We have resolved never to own rental property...On a cheerier note, a few of my crocus bulbs have survived the proliferation of rodents in our yard. I love spring.
So other than waking up to the sounds of carpet removal and various other loud crashes and thumping, Saturday was a pretty quiet day. Bob decided to dissect my old laptop...
Sunday morning came waaay to early. Besides the time change, Bob's parents served lunch at church and we went early to help. *ugh* I hate time changes and early mornings. It was a good thing I was working or I probably would have fallen asleep. :) At least we got to bring home leftovers... yay for donuts.
Blessings.
4 comments:
Lets see Bob put it back together again and get it working.
Well, since he smashed the hard drive with a hammer, and let me touch all the little pins on the CPU with my bare hands, it's probably beyond putting back together. :)
Yay for early bulbs!!! :)
carol
My crocus aren't blooming yet. I am surprised. Of course, I just pulled leaves off of them. they are up and green. Wish I would've planted more spring bulbs in the fall:)
It amazes me how someone could invent a computer!!
Hope you get great new neighbors. Make sure that they seal the plywood floor with Kilz before new carpet. I cloroxed ours and then we let it dry and put kilz on. Otherwise when it gets humid you can smell it.
Love, A. K.
Post a Comment