Monday, May 16, 2011

Oh we ain't got a barrel of money...

*grin* Nothing like plugging numbers into formulas and online calculators to depress a girl...

Anyways, we've been busy the last few days. Friday evening I went to Gab's personal shower and Bob went to Brian's bachelor party/cookout/ smoke out (they grilled inside a cabin and he came home smelling like a chimney). I was about to walk out the door when the deluge started, and I had such a fun time driving in it, or something. Once I got there it was all good and I had a lot of fun. Fabulous food, fun decorations, and I got to see a lot of girls that I just never see anymore. And the infamous lacy pink shorts from 709 days have a new home... hehe.

Saturday morning I got up and started making bread for potluck and then we went to look at a house... this is the first one we've been through that the owners are still living there. Which was a little weird and I felt like such a snoop opening kitchen cabinets, closet doors, and checking out pictures on the fridge... Jakey came over for a little bit in the afternoon and played games with Bob. And then we went to potluck, which was great fun as always.

Young Matt graduated on Sunday so we went from church to the graduation, picked up cupcakes, and then out to his graduation party. Long day. Graduation was short, sweet, and thankfully not hot! I don't think I've ever had to bring a coat to graduation before. I had fun listening to the band... the clarinets were having issues (as clarinets always do) until the trumpets saved the day during Pomp and Circumstance. *grin* I don't have any residual bias. The speeches weren't anything special, but then, nothing can quite compare to Nick's Styx speech, or Ned's sermonette on Corinthians 13. I was so tired after the party...

Blessings.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

you always come up with the most creative titles to your blog posts.

It was time for the lace shorts to have a new home. I hope they will be happy there. :)

Jenny said...

haha... it's an old, old song. :) It continues: "maybe we're ragged and funny, but we'll travel along, sing a song, side by side."

Old Farmer said...

What about my daughter's Proverbs speech?

Jenny said...

That was barely a speech, and it wasn't all that great! :)