Monday, September 24, 2012

Baking and Desserts

So my Grandma and Aunt Pearline are pretty amazing cooks.  And bakers.  On Thursday little miss and I went over to Grandma's to learn how they make their cinnamon rolls and Pearline's bread.  Uncle Andy was over too so not only did I get to watch Grandma, I got to hear how Frieda made her rolls too.  So classic.  
 
 
Little miss wasn't being very friendly and was kind of grumpy...  
 

Somehow we came home with two dozen cinnamon rolls, two loaves of Pearline's bread, a casserole, and a bag of animal crackers.  *grin*  So typical.  Thanks Grandma!
 

I don't know how many times I've put these books back... and the newspapers.  She got stuck in the basket once, which I thought was hilarious.  She was not so impressed.
 

Saturday afternoon we set up the fellowship hall for Matt and Lena's second reception. 
 

Tate and Auntie Shelly entertained little miss.... ok, they worked too. 
 
The centerpieces were fake mercury glass candle holders with sprigs of lavender.
 

And wedding pictures spread around.
 
 
The desserts were fabulous... and there were leftovers so we got to bring some home, hooray! We got to talk to some cool people...  Fred makes me feel so dumb... and I'm jealous that he gets to do experiments at Argonne.  We got to sit with Kaiser's, Nic and Amanda, Blake and Kris, Denver and Sharon... good times.

Sunday we went to W-ton for the first time since Mother's day.  Yes, I know that's pathetic.  And then we ate supper at Bob's parent's because Susan was home.  Hooray for busy weekends.
 
Blessings.

No comments: