So I think we're all mostly recovered this week. Bob went back to work, and Cecily has cheered up a little bit. We walked past the discount flowers at the grocery store and she said "oooooh" and pointed at them so I got them for her... poor girl has been sick and/ or teething for three weeks, and she loves flowers. hehe. And lets be honest, I do too.
Grandma taught her how to use her oven mitt- hopefully she doesn't try it in the real oven.
Little miss and I met Lena and Shelly for lunch today at Chick-fil-A. It was my first time there and I really, really liked it. The food was good, but the service/ atmosphere was even better! I loved the clean highchairs with the table mats for kids and a wet wipe- so nice! And I got her a kids meal (that she barely touched because there were so many distractions... and french fries to eat... oh well) that came with a Franklin book. So much better than a plastic toy. We all went to the mall after lunch because I needed to exchange something and we left with lots of shoes. Hehe. Little miss had a great time wandering between racks and dancing to the background music.
Then I went to target for wedding presents and came home with this mirror. I think it's about the right size for above the mantel, but I'm not sure if white is the right color. Advice anyone? Di? If I painted it I could fix the small nick in the frame (I'm so proud of myself- I asked for a discount and they gave me one! I'm not sure it makes me frugal though... this definitely was not a need...).
Oh, and on the way home from shopping I stopped for a pick-me-up. Somebody please remind me next time that medium means huge in fast food speak... Anyway, little miss really wanted a drink so I let her have the last of the melty watery Dr. Pepper. She was quite pleased with herself.
Blessings.
3 comments:
I'm not sure I'm qualified to give advice, but I would say the white looks the best. Black or a beige might be ok, but I think white looks best with the brick. You can still repaint it though to cover up the scratch.. ;)
Thanks! I think you qualify, your house is adorable! :) Hm... maybe if I ever get around to painting the wall I want to be tannish, I'll paint the mirror to match...
I like the mirror and agree with Katie that white would look better. Every time I get up the nerve to ask for a discount they will never do it.
Post a Comment