Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Winter happenings

Somebody thinks she's big stuff because she can climb to the top step of the stepladder... makes it a little hard for me to use it too.

First tape...
 Then plaster...

 Short break to rescue little miss from who hasn't figured out how to climb down.
 ... And, fresh paint!  I painted it and it was immediately obvious that my plaster job was terrible.  So I added more plaster and smoothed it really well with a wet sponge and it looked much better after paint the second time.  Anyway, it's done!  Hooray!  It's so bright in there! And prettier (hehe- when the shades are in and all of the bulbs).

We ended up having a pretty busy weekend again.  Friday evening was Bob's cousin Sheila and Josh's wedding.  Little miss had fun at the farm while we were gone.  It was a nice wedding, but I think the highlight for me was seeing Sanford and Barb again.  They're just cool people (and the parents of three of my High School friends). 

So the last time I was at the farm I raided Great Grandpa Wyss's trunk and stole (ok, I asked nicely) a picture of his regiment.  It's huge- 42 inches long!  Custom framing would have been crazy expensive so I got some picture molding and made and stained the frame.  The nice ladies at Hobby Lobby cut the Plexiglas for me and put in those little black metal things that hold everything in.   

Now Dad or Grandpa needs to come over and figure out which one he is.  *grin* 


Sprout was home for the wedding so we spent Saturday afternoon and evening at Bob's parent's playing in the snow.  Cecily had a great time sledding and watching the dog. 

We actually had people for supper on Sunday.  Dale and Meg and their girls and Kevin came over.  It was fun.  Kevin brought his Japan pictures and the girls played. 

This is little miss discovering how much fun standing over a heat register with a dress on is.  I made it for her from a pillowcase from Great-Grandma Koch.

I'm ready for winter to be over now.  Even if the snow is pretty.
Blessings.

No comments: