Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Summer time, and the Living is Easy...


Randomly, my two favorite houses in town are for sale, here and here. *sigh*  Oooo, and you could be my neighbor

I think I might become a kitchen aid attachment junkie.  We just got the ice cream maker attachment and it. is. awesome.  No ice, no salt, no mess, no randomly engineered contraptions to make it run and it makes the best homemade ice cream I've ever tasted.  So smooth and creamy!

I just finally got the turtle pool out for Cecily...  yes, I know these are for sandboxes, but really, they make much better pools. (Built in cover!) It's not nearly deep enough for decent digging, but it is just deep enough for splashing.  In her clothes.  In freezing water.  On a cool evening.  Crazy girl.
 
 
Yeah.  She was not happy when I made her get out, but she was shivering so much! 
 
 
Tuesday evening it was our turn to host date night/babysitting for potluck.  It was quite the night.  Bob and Rustin worked late so Sharon and I watched seven girls by ourselves for a while...  two who missed their mommy very much.  We probably had at least three girls crying at any given point for the first hour. 
 
Thankfully (fortuitously?), their grandma thought she was supposed to be babysitting them that night so they were very happy to leave the craziness.  hehe.  Sharon and I breathed a sigh of relief.
 
I sent them all outside.  They played in the sandbox, did a nature scavenger hunt,   
played in the clothesline tent, ran around and acted silly, and were actually pretty good with minimal fighting.

 I'd call it a success. 
 
This morning we had to get up early (for us-haha) because the guy came and fixed the basement wall.  I need to remember to take some pictures to document the process... for posterity. Poor Cecily was rudely awakened by a very loud grinder right under her room...  but, then she took a super long nap so I painted the cellar door.  Definitely need pictures of that.  It's red.  Very red.  Not sure how I feel about it yet. 
 
Blessings.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I would gladly take that first house!! It's gorgeous!! And expensive. :)