How is it November already? I still have things I want to do outside... *sigh* Oh well. Bring on grey and dreary.
This past weekend most of the family was in town for Grandpa and Grandma Wyss's Christmas present. We all recorded a CD for them with old family favorites... (see Dad's blog for some of the specifics, which Shelly and I think should be included in the liner notes- powers that be, take note)
Friday evening I left little miss with Grace and Eden and headed out into the wilds of Carlock. Seriously, I love google maps and I much prefer a map to GPS, but it's kind of difficult to navigate the middle of nowhere when the road signs don't match what the map says and it's dark and rainy. I did eventually find it and was only slightly late. It was much easier to find on Saturday morning. Bob stayed home with Cecily and helped his Dad work on his new shed.
I thought it was a lot of fun. Lots of singing. Shelly and I and Joy even got to do three descants. Hopefully they didn't sound too bad- I'm really only a marginal soprano at best and I was pretty stuffed up plus my rapidly diminishing lung capacity makes holding out notes difficult. I'm not sure how the final product is going to sound- the Virklers can do amazing things in the mixing process so hopefully they will make us sound better than we are... Grandpa and Grandma were there listening and they liked it, so that's all that really matters.
We all ate pizza at Grandma and Grandpa's that night and introduced Aaron to the craziness that is the Wyss family, and Kacie. Who said she had her 'filter' on for the evening. *grin* Good times.
Little miss and I went to W-ton for church on Sunday. Between all of the babysitting and going places and the time change she did not have the best day, and consequently I didn't either. Plus I didn't feel good. Oh well.
Then Monday morning Cecily got to play with Grandma Koch while I went to sing at the funeral. I would much rather sing than make food... although the family did pick a lot of high and unfamiliar songs. *grin* Everyone said the singing was lovely though. (Do they ever say anything different??) I think I would prefer men's quartet to the full choir... Bob, Cecily, take note. Anyway, funerals are always a blessing and I'm always glad for the chance to sing.
Little miss is quite the kid. We're creatures of habit over here and we have our "spots" on the couch and at the table... she thinks it's so funny to sit in some one else's spot and say "My spot" with an impish grin on her face. We also sing a lot of "Twinkle Stars." And she still refuses to wear anything but a diaper on her bottom half. Occasionally she'll ask me to turn a blanket into a skirt for a few minutes. Or want to wear her 'bundies' (underwear) over top of her diaper.
Blessings.
2 comments:
Good times for sure.
You have a beautiful voice. A weaker voice plus allergies have decreased my range. I still love to sing though:)
We are creatures of habit too. We tend to sit in the same table spots and when someone comes, it throws us off if I put them in a different spot (:)honey?).
ak
uggg....I know the feeling on lung capacity! I'm singing in the community christmas concert (you should come by the way)and I am breathing in all the wrong places. Oh well.
Post a Comment