Thursday, December 12, 2013

Here we come A-caroling

Here is a picture of our lovely and altogether too large Christmas tree. Cecily thinks it's pretty awesome.
On Friday we were on the Christmas Caroling committee... we got to spend the evening making sandwiches and stirring large amounts of cocoa.  Little miss had fun running around with Grace and Eden and 'Bro-dee.'

Saturday morning I went to Esther's funeral.  Dear Esther.  I will miss her very much.  I've been wishing I would have at least gone to see her one last time... she was a wonderful woman and a dear friend.  It was awfully nice having her in T-town on Wednesdays... it made the transition easier when I got married.  She gave us our kitchen table... she brought us cinnamon bread because 'she was trying to think of something she could do for us'... she brought supper when Cecily was born... 

I took a lot of cold medicine that day so by Sunday I wasn't feeling that great; it's a trade off- breathe, but deal with the wooziness the next day.  We ended up coming home at noon because Cecily was acting like she wasn't feeling well again either. 

Wednesday Little miss and I headed to W-ton to help make lunch for the volunteers.  It took her a while to warm up, but then Grandma came and they went and played in the Sunday School rooms and ate chips... I walked in and she gave me the guiltiest look I've ever seen.  hehe.  Then she got to eat lunch with a whole bunch of men... 

Gingerbread is a powerful motivator for eating supper... or maybe just frosting...  
 
This morning she was playing with the phone and wanted to 'talka Grandma'... so I let her since I needed to call her anyway...  hehe.  She paces around the house and jabbers away.  It makes me laugh. 
Anyway, that's what we've been up to.
Blessings. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)
Thankful for Esther's life and example . . .may we thank God for her good example.