Saturday, January 18, 2014

I have not yet begun to fight

So the last few weeks have been full of potty training... which has not been going all that well.  *sigh*  Although, today has not been that bad.  Of course, since we're babysitting tonight, she hasn't actually been in undies all that much.
The poor princess bundies have not fared well....
 
She's fond of sitting in piles of her blankets and animals.
 Sunday evening we got to go to Matt and Jenni's with some other cool people.  Little miss had a great time with all the kids.  I got to go quilt Monday evening.  Wednesday I had to get up super early (for me anyway... hehe) for an OB appointment.  My mom came over because Cecily was still sleeping when I left.  Oooooohhhh, and my OB switched to the one hour glucose test!!  Hallelujah!  Great rejoicing from me...  I only got stuck once! 

I picked little miss up in W-ton- we got Pepperfries with Grandpa and Grandma for lunch.  She was in a friendly mood and was waving at everyone in the restaurant.  No idea where she comes from. *grin*

Otherwise it has been quiet around here.  And we've got towels scattered around the house, and I bought an extra crib mattress protector because it fits perfectly on the love seat cushion, and I'm worried that the house smells like an outhouse and I'm just used to it.... 

Random things- this is our sewer pipe cover in the basement.  I'm afraid that it's one of those projects that future owners will look at and say, 'what were they smoking?'  But, it's much nicer than an exposed sewer pipe. 

So now that it's done we moved these book cases from G & G Koch's house into the room.  I've been moving things out of Cecily's new room and they're filling up fast.  Still not sure what to do with the ceiling...  I still like the fabric idea.  We shall see.
 
 The steps are finally painted!  Yay!!  They still look like rough basement stairs with a so-so paint job, but hey, they aren't brown!  Or orange! 
 Smile!  Camur!  *grin*
 I used some of my Christmas money to get new blinds in the living room.  The old ones were stained, broken, and hung crooked.  I wanted to try bamboo blinds- privacy, but I can still see out enough without feeling like a snoop peeking out behind the shade to see if the mail man came yet.  Bob is not completely sold.  He would probably prefer heavy blackout drapes.  *grin*  
 And finally, we have three picnicking fairy princesses tonight.
Blessings.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

ehhh...I feel you on the potty training. After Bridget was trained I told Luke that if we could afford it, I was hiring someone to train Carter. Unfortunately, I haven't found anyone willing to do it for any price. :( Just a word of advice, that if it's been a while and you are sick of it not going well, don't be afraid to quite and wait a while. We had to do that with Bridget, and after a few months we tried again and she picked it within a couple of days. (still pure torture, but at least it was a little shorter. :))

Katie LeAnne said...

Seeing your improved basement makes me want to do something to ours! I don't know what to do with our ceiling either, probably paint it white, although I have heard it is quite a pain to do. I can see our Christmas card on the door behind the cute girls having a picnic, lol.

Jenny said...

Heid- the most frustrating part so far is that I think she gets it... just doesn't want to. :)

Katie- It's probably time to take those down... but Cecily likes to look at them. :) The main reason I didn't want to paint the ceiling is that I would still have to sweep down the spider webs. And anytime we'd have to add or fix wires or pipes we'd have to paint them to match. Basically I'm lazy.