Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Chateau

We decided to take advantage of the long weekend and spent Sunday night at the Chateau in B-ton.  I have vague memories of staying there for Kary's birthday...  It was cheaper than the Peoria hotels we've gone to, and nice enough for me.  (Honestly, the older I get the less I like staying in hotels.  They're just dirty.  And smell funny.  Maybe I'm just too cheap and should stay at some nicer places...)  Anyway, somebody was very excited about the swimming pool.  (Which was very nice and clean, if heavily chlorinated.)
 
Little miss started talking about 'I swimmin' as soon as we got there.  She had soooo much fun.  And I forgot about bringing a life jacket or floaties or anything so Bob and I did not have quite as much fun since she has absolutely no fear of the water.  Here she is ready to jump back in to Bob.   
 Her idea of swimming was kicking her feet and flailing her arms and telling us she wanted to go 'dis way,'  while we did our best to hold on to her.  Good times.   
 
We took a break for supper and some reading.  "Dere was da mouse!  Bright-eyed!  Begone!" 
 
I took her back down to the pool after supper... she was a little less crazy and spent most of the time jumping off the side over and over and over.  She didn't really want to go to bed, but she did eventually tuck in her bear-bears and lay down...
 
We all slept in Monday morning.  Cecily and I took advantage of breakfast; she finally got to have pancakes and hot dogs sausages.  Sunday morning she sobbed through breakfast because we weren't having pancakes.... yeah...  so she was quite excited to see them at the hotel.  Then we came home.  It was a lovely mini-vacation.

While I was making supper that night she decided she was too.  After many trips back and forth to her room she wanted Bob to come eat super with her.  First they prayed...
 Then they had quite the varied repast.  So funny.

Bob took Tuesday off also, which was lovely.  He came grocery shopping with us and then we baked approximately 15 dozen cookies... because somebody signed up to bring treats for his whole division.  'Sure I can make cookies for you to take to work, how many do you need?'  'Oh, there's at least a hundred people... and they might eat more than one....'  Eeesh osh.  *grin*  We kept some at home, but what he took was completely gone. 

After a short break from potty training over Sunday and Monday, it has been going much better!  Hallelujah.  No accidents in undies today and all successes were unprompted by me!  She even wanted to use both potties at G and G Beutel's tonight.  *eye roll*  I was trying to help Grandpa figure out some stuff on their new computer after we listened to church; she was making the rounds.  She also wanted Grandma to sit down on the ground and play with her.  *sigh*  At least she likes them, right?!     

Blessings.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Your child cracks me up! Are you sure she didn't get mixed up in nursery when she was born? :)

Also, the other day Carter was looking through all our Christmas cards and when he got to yours he said "hey it's Bridget!" :)

Jenny said...

Sometimes I wonder. :) That or she's just taking after Aunt Shelly.

They remind me of each other too! Must be the combination of Schick, Schlipf, and Knoblock genes. Of course, Nate and Lynette's John reminds me of Matt when he was little, and no one else sees that...

Michelle said...

Jenny-
I think it's the Metzger in us all. :)
John reminding you of Matt-I totally see it.