Wednesday, January 14, 2015

January

This is not my favorite month... so cold... so dark... so much required clothing... 
Well, if you're not a chubby baby.  
We haven't done much lately.  Staying inside on the cold days.  Cecily has played outside a few times when it isn't frigid.  The snow is too powdery for a snowman, but we made lots of snow angels.
She helped herself to a snack. 
School started up again.  I was tired, they were tired, good times.  Emmy was pretty sure that she needed to read my chemistry book one afternoon.
So this was funny:  Cecily talks pretty much non-stop all day long.  I was busy making supper and saying "what" and "uh-huh" in the appropriate places.  I heard her say something about "the sink is dripping, I will fix it."  But... I wasn't really paying attention and figured she was just exercising her imagination.  After supper Bob noticed this- my flower pot cracked and was dripping water down onto her kitchen.  She set her pitcher under it to catch the water...  
Sprout got home from France and cooked a French dinner for us Saturday evening.  It was good and made me hungry for crepes, so I made a batch.

The girls and I went to Famous Dave's with my family Sunday night.  They brought our gifts from the California box- Cecily got a frozen camera. We had to smile and say cheese all night.  *grin*
 Playing dress-up on a cold day.
We watched Grace and Eden this evening.  And Little miss I-don't-pay-attention-to-what-I'm-doing-when-I'm-excited tossed an old keyboard at Emmy's head.  It bled really bad.  And it's right in her hair so bandaging it has been unpleasant.  Poor baby.  *sigh* At least, "Cecily doesn't want to be the wild girl."  Ha.

Blessings.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

darling girlies! :)

Anonymous said...

Emmy's look of sheer happiness with that chemistry book - :)
Kirk

Anonymous said...

great update!